David Morse quotes
“- Young Ellie: Dad, do you think there's people on other planets?
- Ted Arroway: I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space.”
“You know, when I woke up this morning, I didn't expect to be trading nine millies with my friend.”
“Though I never again saw what people were thinking, there was an enduring gift that he left me. What Ted did was open my eyes, and let the future in. I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Not for all the world.”
“Fuck the truth!”
“- Colonel Reed: What's the best way... to... to go about disarming one of these things?
- Staff Sergeant William James: The way you don't die, sir.”
“- Joe Roberts: Were you thinking of living?
- Mr. Roberts: There's a trailer park over on Bright's. They got a pretty good deal there.
- Maria: It's nice there. They have a vegetable garden in the back where you can rent a plot. Grow your own.”
“- Captain Darrow: Excuse me, General... but what about the fucking money?
- General Francis X. Hummel: There is no fucking money. The mission's over.
- Captain Frye: Bullshit it's over!
- Major Tom Baxter: You're talking to a General, soldier! Maintain discipline.
- Captain Darrow: I'm not a soldier, Major. The day we took hostages, we became...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When he's served his purpose, when he draws our man out of the shadows, well, you know what happens to bait.”
“- Selma: Isn't it annoying when they do the last song in the films?
- Bill Houston: Why?
- Selma: Because you just know when it goes really big... and the camera goes like out of the roof... and you just know it's going to end. I hate that. I would leave just after the next to last song... and the film would just go on forever.”
“- Colonel Reed: Yeah. How many bombs have you disarmed?
- Staff Sergeant William James: Uh, I'm... I'm not quite sure.
- Colonel Reed: Sergeant?
- Staff Sergeant William James: Yes, sir.
- Colonel Reed: I asked you a question.
- Staff Sergeant William James: Eight hundred seventy-three, sir.”
“- Luke/Daedalus: Torture, yes, a woman's face never looked so quite beautiful as when it's distended in pain, witness the beauty of child birth.
- Samantha Caine (Charly): Untie me and I'll make any face you want.
- Luke/Daedalus: Let's not and say we did.”
“Hey. What are you doing? What are doing? Looking at my garden? Is that it? You looking at my beautiful garden? Well, I caught you now. I got you.”
“- Peter: In the joint, did you get butt-fucked?
- John Booth: It only hurts the first time.”