Intellect quotes34 intellect quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Young Masbath: A strange sort of witch, with a kind and loving heart. How can you think so?
- Ichabod Crane: I have good reason.
- Young Masbath: Then you are bewitched by reason.
- Ichabod Crane: I am beaten down by it!”
“Bunny, you don't have to live your life to please me. The important thing is that you're happy. And as for what I've taught you, well, listen, I've always believed that every woman should get as much education and intellectual stimulation as possible, and that she should develop her mental abilities to their utmost potential.”
“I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate. All of art, literature, a bit of Mozart, William Shakespeare, Michelangelo, and the Empire State Building. Just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I’m not a nerd. I’m smart. There’s a difference.”
“Sheldon doesn’t know when he’s being mean because the part of his brain that should know is getting a wedgie from the rest of his brain.”
“No one, nothing is smarter than the Krang!”
“Who do you think you're messing with, you dumb animal? My mental facilities are twice what yours are, you pea brain!”
“- Alan Squier: I belong to a vanishing race. I'm one of the intellectuals.
- Gabrielle Maple: That, that means you've got brains!
- Alan Squier: Yes. Brains without purpose. Noise without sound, shape without substance.”
“Sam Gamgee, your legs are too short, so use your head!”
“The doctor, what's he gonna tell me? Can't trade my head in for a new one.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Very effective, my dear Watson!
- Doctor John H. Watson: Elementary, my dear Holmes, elementary.”
“Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q.”
“A good officer uses his head, not his whip.”
“- Thomas Jefferson: I kept having a debate between my head and my heart.
- Maria Cosway: Which in your case, the head always wins.
- Thomas Jefferson: Not this time. My poor head was simply whirled around by my unruly heart.”
“Some people love you for your body. Me, it's your charming wit.”
“- Dr. Cardigan: What a wonderful contribution to science your brain would make, Mr. Chan!
- Charlie Chan: Thank you so much, but for present would prefer to keep same for own use.”
“I really wouldn't care to scratch your surface, Mr. Kralik, because I know exactly what I'd find. Instead of a heart, a hand-bag. Instead of a soul, a suitcase. And instead of an intellect, a cigarette lighter... which doesn't work.”
“All science trembles at the searing logic of your fiery intellect.”
“I want a woman that will arouse my intellect as well as my loins.”
“Elementary, my dear Watson.”