“9 to 5” quotes(1980)
Plot – Judy has recently divorced from her husband and gets a job in a big company. The woman finds employment in the department of Franklin Hart Jr., an oppressing boss. The newcomer is helped by the expert Violet and soon the two women become friends. Doralee, Franklin’s private secretary, joins them. Franklin is a true despot and the three women daydream about killing him to take control of the office.
All actors – Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, Dabney Coleman, Sterling Hayden, Elizabeth Wilson, Henry Jones, Lawrence Pressman, Marian Mercer, Renn Woods, Norma Donaldson, Roxanna Bonilla-Gianninishow all
“9 to 5” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Violet Newstead: I guess I must've made a mistake.
- Doralee Rhodes: You steal the wrong body from the hospital and all you can say is I must have made a mistake!
- Violet Newstead: It could happen to anyone.”
“- Franklin Hart, Jr.: Mrs. Rhodes... I am a married man.
- Doralee Rhodes: Forget about your wife! I mean, you may be hers in the evening, but you're my boy from nine to five!”
“- Doralee Rhodes: Is that one of those marijuana cigarettes?
- Violet Newstead: [under her breath] We don't have enough for everyone, cool it!”
“- Doralee Rhodes: But it really was a mistake, Mr. Hart, Violet put the poison in strictly by accident!
- Franklin Hart, Jr.: Oh really? Well, she might be able to get a jury to believe that; then again, she might not. But I think the real question here is whether or not you want to take that chance.
- Doralee Rhodes: Just what are you driving...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Franklin M. Hart Jr.: Mrs. Rhodes... I am a married man.
- Doralee Rhodes: Forget about your wife! I mean, you may be hers in the evening, but you're my boy from 9 to 5!”
“- Franklin Hart, Jr.: I'm not such a bad guy!
- Judy Bernly: You're a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.
- Franklin Hart, Jr.: So I have a few faults; who doesn't?”
“- Violet Newstead: One thing you should know about dear old Roz... she's the eyes, ears, nose, and throat of Mr. Hart. Anything she hears, he hears.
- Judy Bernly: You mean she's a... a company spy?
- Violet Newstead: I wouldn't exactly say that, I'd just say that if you want to gossip in the ladies' room, I'd check under the stalls, first, for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Violet Newstead: What could we use to keep Hart quiet?
- Judy Bernly: Blackmail?
- Violet Newstead: Blackmail, oh that sounds good! What could we get on him?
- Judy Bernly: A sex scandal! Take a picture of him in bed with a prostitute.
- Doralee Rhodes: No, who'd care?
- Violet Newstead: Yeah, Hart would just buy up all the copies and then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, I smoked a marijuana cigarette at a party once. I could never figure out what the big deal was.”
“- Doralee Rhodes: You know... I just don't get it, Dwayne.
- Dwayne Rhodes: What's that, honey?
- Doralee Rhodes: I'm as nice as I know how to be to every single person in that office. Everyone treats me like a... bastard at a family reunion.”
“- Doralee Rhodes: Uh, Judy? Would you come back here for a second?
- Judy Bernly: What?
- Doralee Rhodes: Look.
- Judy Bernly: Who's that?
- Doralee Rhodes: I don't know.
- Judy Bernly: Where's Hart?
- Doralee Rhodes: I don't know.”
“I've got a gun out there in my purse. Up until now I've been forgiving and forgetting because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thing: if you ever say another word about me or make another indecentproposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine, and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot!”
“- Judy Bernly: Oh, this is terrible. It's so improper. It's so disrespectful!
- Violet Newstead: He's dead! He doesn't mind!”
“I don't think I could ever shoot a gun, I don't care... I can't understand guys like Hart, who go out and shoot things, like Bambi and Thumper... and that cute little skunk?”
“- Judy Bernly: Where's the body?
- Violet Newstead: In the trunk! Look, all we have to do is get some cement blocks, chain them to his feet and pitch him off the end of the pier, and no one will ever know.
- Doralee Rhodes: You are crazy! They'll find it, they always find it!
- Violet Newstead: Oh oh, crazy am I? They never found Jimmy Hoffa!”
“You're a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot!”