Dolly Parton quotes
“Sammy's so confused he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.”
“- Violet Newstead: I guess I must've made a mistake.
- Doralee Rhodes: You steal the wrong body from the hospital and all you can say is I must have made a mistake!
- Violet Newstead: It could happen to anyone.”
“- Franklin Hart, Jr.: Mrs. Rhodes... I am a married man.
- Doralee Rhodes: Forget about your wife! I mean, you may be hers in the evening, but you're my boy from nine to five!”
“There is no such thing as natural beauty.”
“Money is made to be spent. What goods it doin' in the bottom of my panty drawer?”
“Smile! It increases your face value.”
“- Doralee Rhodes: Is that one of those marijuana cigarettes?
- Violet Newstead: [under her breath] We don't have enough for everyone, cool it!”
“- Doralee Rhodes: But it really was a mistake, Mr. Hart, Violet put the poison in strictly by accident!
- Franklin Hart, Jr.: Oh really? Well, she might be able to get a jury to believe that; then again, she might not. But I think the real question here is whether or not you want to take that chance.
- Doralee Rhodes: Just what are you driving...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Franklin M. Hart Jr.: Mrs. Rhodes... I am a married man.
- Doralee Rhodes: Forget about your wife! I mean, you may be hers in the evening, but you're my boy from 9 to 5!”
“- Clairee Belcher: Janice Van Meter got hit with a baseball. It was fabulous.
- Truvy Jones : Was she hurt?
- Clairee Belcher: I doubt it. She got hit in the head.”
“It's always a business doing pleasure with you, Charlie!”
“- Mona Stangley: One of those nights when you ain't on duty, you drop in out there. My girls'll love to show you a little appreciation.
- Deputy Fred: Shoot, miss Mona, you know I'm a married man!
- Mona Stangley: Oh, Fred, you mean to tell me you don't think the cows don't appreciate the time off when a bull goes over to another pasture?”
“- Truvy Jones: I kind of like hiring somebody with a past.
- Clairee Belcher: She can't be more than eighteen. She hasn't had time to have a past.”
“I don't trust anyone who does their own hair. I don't think it's natural.”
“- Violet Newstead: What could we use to keep Hart quiet?
- Judy Bernly: Blackmail?
- Violet Newstead: Blackmail, oh that sounds good! What could we get on him?
- Judy Bernly: A sex scandal! Take a picture of him in bed with a prostitute.
- Doralee Rhodes: No, who'd care?
- Violet Newstead: Yeah, Hart would just buy up all the copies and then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Louie brought his new girlfriend over, and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly.”
“- Shirlee: Its like you're allergic to cornflakes so you start to buy different stuff like a can of peas but when you open up the can of the peas, inside cornflakes, so you pick a TV dinner and open it up and cornflakes.
- Jack: So what does that mean?
- Shirlee: The girls you go out with... outside all different packages but inside... cornflakes.”
“Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.”
“- Doralee Rhodes: You know... I just don't get it, Dwayne.
- Dwayne Rhodes: What's that, honey?
- Doralee Rhodes: I'm as nice as I know how to be to every single person in that office. Everyone treats me like a... bastard at a family reunion.”
“Oh sweetheart don't. Please don't cry or I will too. I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence.”
“- Doralee Rhodes: Uh, Judy? Would you come back here for a second?
- Judy Bernly: What?
- Doralee Rhodes: Look.
- Judy Bernly: Who's that?
- Doralee Rhodes: I don't know.
- Judy Bernly: Where's Hart?
- Doralee Rhodes: I don't know.”
“I always just thought if you see somebody without a smile, give 'em yours!”