“A Little Princess” quotes(1995)
Plot – Little Sara Crewe, who no longer has the mother, lives happily in India with her father, the captain of British army, who fills her with many attentions. At the outbreak of World War I Captain Crewe is sent to fight in Africa and Sara, left alone, is sent to New York to attend the same exclusive boarding school once attended by her mother. There Sara faces the harshness of the institution and the headmistress, Miss Minchiper, who thinks Sara, so exuberant and creative, can only cause troubles. When Sara discovers her father is dead, she is forced to remain in the college as a servant. Only thanks to her courage, imagination and self-esteem, Sara will succeed in changing the course of her life.
All actors – Liesel Matthews, Eleanor Bron, Liam Cunningham, Rusty Schwimmer, Arthur Malet, Vanessa Lee Chester, Errol Sitahal, Heather DeLoach, Taylor Fry, Darcie Bradford, Rachael Bella, Alexandra Rea-Baum, Camilla Belle, Lauren Blumenfeld, Kelsey Mulrooney, Kaitlin Cullum, Alison Moir, Time Winters, Lomax Study, Vincent Schiavelli, Pushpa Rawal, Rahi Azizi, Ken Palmer, Helen Greenberg, Norman Merrill, Peggy Miley, Robert P. Cohen, Will Blomquist, David Fresco, Judith Drake, Chris Ellis, Jonás Cuarón, Juliana Harkavy, Jack Holland, London Vale, Sandeep Waliashow all
“A Little Princess” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Capt. Crewe: What are you doing? Memorizing me by heart?
- Sara Crewe: No... I already know you by heart.”
“- Sara Crewe: Thank you.
- Miss Minchin: Sara, there's no talking at the table.
- Sara Crewe: Doesn't seem natural.
- Miss Minchin: I won't say it again.”
“- Sara Crewe: Why don't they come to life in front of us so we can see them?
- Capt. Crewe: Because it's magic. Magic has to be believed. It's the only way it's real.”
“- Sara Crewe: Look! Just what we ordered!
- Becky: I'm a little scared about all of this.
- Sara Crewe: Me too. Do you think we shouldn't eat it?
- Becky: I'm not that scared!”
“All women are princesses, it is our right.”
“- Sara Crewe: Don't you ever do that, Miss Minchin? Believe in something just to make it seem real?
- Miss Minchin: I suppose that's rather easy for a child who has everything. And now from now on, there will be no more 'make believe' at this school during reading hour or at any other time. Is that understood?”
“- Becky: Sara, why don't you tell your stories anymore?
- Sara Crewe: They're just make-believe. They don't mean anything.
- Becky: Oh, but they've always meant something to me. There were days I thought I would die, until I heard you talk about the magic.
- Sara Crewe: There is no magic, Becky.”
“From now on, you must earn your room and board here. You will move to the attic with Becky and work as a servant. If you fail to meet the standards of this institution or if you don't do as you're told, you'll be thrown out. And believe me, Sara, the streets of the city are not kind to homeless beggars.”