“American History X” quotes(1998)
Title American History X
Director Tony Kaye
Genre Drama, Crime
Director Tony Kaye
Genre Drama, Crime
Plot – For homework, Danny writes an essay inspired by the 'Mein Kampf' and principal Sweeney punishes him, asking to prepare another essay. Danny has to talk now about his brother Derek, who has just been released from prison after several years nfor the murder of two black thugs. At that time he was under the infleuce of Cameron, a racist ideologue. Derek now is changed due to prison's life and talks to Danny as he has never did and the boy seems to understand the lesson.
All actors – Edward Norton, Edward Furlong, Beverly D'Angelo, Jennifer Lien, Ethan Suplee, Fairuza Balk, Avery Brooks, Elliott Gould, Stacy Keach, William Russ, Guy Torry, Joe Cortese, Jason Bose Smith, Antonio David Lyons, Alex Sol, Keram Malicki-Sánchez, Giuseppe Andrews, Michelle Christine White, Jonathan Fowler Jr., Christopher Masterson, Nicholas R. Oleson, Jordan Marder, Paul Le Mat, Thomas L. Bellissimo, Cherish Lee, Sam Vlahos, Tara Blanchard, Anne Lambton, Steve Wolford, Richard Noyce, Danso Gordon, Jim Norton, David Basulto, Alexis Rose Coen, Kiante Elam, Paul Hopkins, Keith Odett, Paul E. Short, Nigel Miguel, , Darrell Britt, Robert 'Duckie' Carpenter, Sydney 'Big Dawg' Colston, Hans Cozzens, John Embry, Maximillian Kesmodel, Barbie Marie, Allie Moss, Denney Pierce, Glendon Rich, Louis E. Rosas, Sam Sarpong, Mark Swanson, Jeremy Sweet, Selwyn Wardshow all
“American History X” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Dr. Bob Sweeney: There was a moment, when I used to blame everything and everyone for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed White people, blamed society, blamed God. I didn't get no answers 'cause I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.”
“There's over two million illegalimmigrants bending down in this state tonight. This state spend three billion dollars last year on services, on people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billion dollars. 400 million just to lock up a bunch of illegalimmigrant criminals who only got in this country because the fucking INS...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Derek Vinyard: We, as society, grand cops a certain amount of authority to make those calls, because we acknowledge that their job is difficult and dangerous! Very few people respect that and respect that authority.
- Davina Vinyard: Look who's talking about respect here, Mr. Junior KKK.
- Derek Vinyard: What? I didn't say I respect the laws....” (continue)(continue reading)
“One in every three black males is in some phase of the correctional system. Is that a coincidence or do these people have, you know, like a racial commitment to crime?”
“I think the street would kill you. Your rhetoric and your propaganda aren't gonna save you out there.”
This racist propaganda, this "Mein Kampf" psychobabble; he learned this nonsense, Murray, and he can unlearn it too.
“- Curtis: Hey man, want a toke?
- Derek Vinyard: Curtis, what are you doing? Weed is for niggers. You put that away right now. Have a little self respect.”
“- Derek Vinyard: Every problem in this country is race related not just crime. It's like... immigration, AIDS, welfare those are problems in them. The Black community, the Hispanic community, the Asian community, they're not White problems.
- Reporter: Derek, are those really issues that deal with poverty?
- Derek Vinyard: No. You know, no....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Seth Ryan: Who do you hate Danny?
- Danny Vinyard: I hate anyone that is a white Protestant.
- Seth Ryan: Why?
- Danny Vinyard: There a burden to the advancement of the white race. Some of them are alright I guess...”
That means "Not welcome".
“- Danny Vinyard: I hate the fact that's cool to be black these days.
- Seth: Good.
- Danny Vinyard: I hate this hip-pop fuckin' influence on white-fuckin'suburbia.
- Seth: Good.
- Danny Vinyard: And I hate Tabitha Soren and all there Zionist MTV fucking pigs telling us we should get along. Save the retorical bullshit Hilary Rodham Clinton cuz it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every night, thousands of these parasites stream across the border like some fuckin' piñata exploded.”
“- Danny Vinyard: I'm sorry, Derek. I'm sorry that happened to you.
- Derek Vinyard: I'm not. I'm lucky. I feel lucky because it's wrong, Danny. It's wrong and it was eating me up, it was going to kill me. And I kept asking myself all the time, how did I buy into this shit? It was because I was pissed off, and nothing I ever did ever took that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All the wrong people knew who I was anyways, so I figured I'm just gonna put up a flag and hope a friend sees it.”
“We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?”