“Canadian Bacon” quotes(1995)
Plot – After the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of the Cold War, the Soviet Union - called “evil empire” by Reagan - isn’t the United States’ historical and traditional enemy anymore. People think that the future President of the United States wants to find another “enemy”. In fact, he has to justify to the public opinion the weapons factories, built only for lobbying purposes.
All actors – John Candy, Alan Alda, Rhea Perlman, Kevin Pollak, Rip Torn, Kevin J. O'Connor, Bill Nunn, G.D. Spradlin, Steven Wright, Jim Belushi, Brad Sullivan, Stanley Andersonshow all
“Canadian Bacon” Quotes 19 quotes
“- President of the United States: You sold control of American missiles to a foreign country?
- R.J. Hacker: If you can call Canada foreign.
- Stu Smiley: … or a country.”
- RCMP Helecopter: Attention, please. Attention, please. This is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Would you come down from the tower, please.
- Honey: If you say "please" one more time, I'm gonna let you have it!
“- RCMP Officer at Headquarters: Welcome to Canada.
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: Hold it right there, Canuck!
- RCMP Officer at Headquarters: Who are you?
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: I'm your worst nightmare. I'm a citizen with a constitutional right to bear arms!”
“If life hands you a lemon, you gotta crush it into lemonade.”
- Roy Boy: I want to call the American embassy!
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: All I said was "Canadian beer sucks!”.
“It is the height of six American football fields, or five Canadian football fields. As if Canadian football really counts.”
“Canadians are always dreaming up a lotta ways to ruin our lives. The metric system, for the love of God! Celsius! Neil Young!”
“The American public's attention span is about as long as your dick.”
“- Highway Patrolman: Ah, Americans. Welcome to Ontario, sportsman's paradise!
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: Isn't it though.”
“- Sheriff Bud Boomer: There it is, men. Toronto.
- Roy Boy: It's beautiful. Like no other city I've ever seen. It's like Albany. Only cleaner.”
When have you ever heard anyone say: "Honey, lets stay in and order Canadian food"?
“- Roy Boy: Are you sure we're in Canada?
- Honey: You smell anything?
- Roy Boy: No.
- Honey: Exactly. Canada!”
“- Stu Smiley: How do you know that was a nuclear facility?
- General Dick Panzer: Well, they tricked us on that one. That's a hospital. But it's a hell of a strike!”
“- Sheriff Bud Boomer: The capital Toronto.
- RCMP Officer at Headquarters: No, the capital of Canada is Ottawa.
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: Yeah, right. Do we look that stupid? Ottawa!
- Roy Boy: Nice try, Dudley.”