Diplomacy quotes28 diplomacy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There is a time for diplomacy and a time for action. Diplomacy is dead.”
“In international diplomacy, the shortest distance between two points is never a straight line.”
“If we permit the introduction of nuclear missiles to a Soviet satellite nation in our hemisphere, the diplomaticconsequences will be too terrible to contemplate. The Russians are trying to show the world they can do whatever they want, wherever they want, and we're powerless to stop them. If they succeed...”
“- Efraim Diveroli: Jordanian customs seized our Berettas.
- David Packouz: What? Why?
- Efraim Diveroli: I don't fucking know, David! I dropped out of high school before they covered international diplomacy!”
“- Justin Quayle: Well, diplomats have to go where they're sent.
- Tessa Quayle: So do labradors.”
“I'm a diplomat! I failed flight school!”
- Al Burnett: The Ambassador's coming. Space nut. Knows everything about Apollo 11.
- Ross "Mitch" Mitchell: Does he know where it is?
“We acted too late. Only when our own national security was threatened did we act. Radek's regime murdered over 200,000 men, women, and children, and we watched it on TV. We let it happen. People were being slaughtered for over a year and we issued economic sanctions and hid behind the rhetoric of diplomacy. How dare we? The dead remember.”
- Popov: We're Russians! We demand you take us to the Russian imbecile!
- Natalya: It's "Embassy", imbecile!
“- Arjen Rudd: Now we do have a seriousdiplomaticsituationhere, which I will be taking up with your state department first thing in the morning.
- Martin Riggs: Whoa, you got me quaking in my boots, but I'm still gonna bring you down.
- Arjen Rudd: My dear officer, you could not even give me a parking ticket! Who is the dickhead now, eh?”
“Your first step sir, will be to demand that the Soviet withdraw the missiles within 12 to 24 hours. They will refuse. When they do you will order the strikes, followed by the invasion. They will resist and be overrun. They will retaliate against another target somewhere else in the world, most likely Berlin. We will honor our treaty commitments...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gentlemen, for the last fifteen years, I've fought at this table alongside your predecessors in the struggle against the Soviet. Now I do not wish to seem melodramatic, but I do wish to impress upon you a lesson I learned with bitter tears and great sacrifice. The Soviets understands only one language: action. Respects only one word: force.”
“- Spencer Armacost: I said I didn't give a big hairy rat's ass and if he ever called me again I would track him down, rouse him from his bunk, pull his pants round his ankles and spank him with a coathanger right there in front of his wife and children!
- Jillian Armacost: Wanna tell me what you really said to the president?
- Spencer Armacost:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I shall deal with them as though they had never been away.”
- Roy Boy: I want to call the American embassy!
- Sheriff Bud Boomer: All I said was "Canadian beer sucks!”.
“This is language. A new vocabulary, the likes of which the world has never seen! This is President Kennedy communicating with Secretary Khrushchev!”
“Santa Maya must be liberated by any means necessary. Even diplomacy if it should come to it.”
“- King Mongkut: l have decided to give self anniversary dinner and invite important English nobles and diplomats.
- Anna Leonowens: l don't understand.
- King Mongkut: French lndochina grows stronger and more aggressive. But if l improve our foreign intercourse with your queen's special envoy, French will think three times before trying to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert F. Kennedy: At this moment the president is accepting the terms of Secretary Khrushchev's letter of Friday night: if the Soviet Union halts construction immediately, removes the missiles, and submits to UN inspection, the United States will pledge to never invade Cuba, or aid others in that enterprise.
- Anotoly Dobrinyn: If your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles VII: We are grateful for your pas efforts, but now your task is done. Now is the time for negotiation.
- Joan of Arc: Peace will only be got with the English by the end of a lance.
- Charles VII: Why are you so bloodthirsty? Do you enjoy it?
- Joan of Arc: No.
- Charles VII: Diplomacy is far more civilized, far safer, and far cheaper.”