- Movie quotes
All actors – Brandy Norwood, Bernadette Peters, Veanne Cox, Natalie Desselle Reid, Paolo Montalban, Jason Alexander, Whoopi Goldberg, Victor Garber, Whitney Houston, Michael Haynes, Scott Fowler, Noel Peters
“Impossible, for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage. Impossible for a plain country pumpkin and a prince to join in marriage. A slipper made of glass is just a shoe and dreamers never make the dream come true. Impossible.”
“- Fairy Godmother: Do you really think he fell in love with your fancy gown and your pretty braids?
- Cinderella: I don't know anymore and if you hadn't help me.
- Fairy Godmother: You didn't need my help. You just thought you did. Believe in yourself and trust him to love you as you really are.”
“Don't cling to the past Cinderella. It's not very attractive.”
“I see in you a man too perfect to be really true. Do I want you because you're wonderful? Or are you wonderful because I want you?”
“- Queen Constantina: We're just planning a little get together, nothing fancy. Just family, a few close friends and all the eligible young women in the kingdom.
- Prince Christopher: Mother.
- Queen Constantina: We're only talking four or five hundred at the most.”
“- Lionel: Are there any other young women in the house?
- Cinderella's Stepmother: How young?
- Lionel: Younger than you.”
“- Lionel: Don't worry your majesties he'll meet someone tonight. I can feel it in my bones.
- Queen Constantina: You'll feel it in your bones if he doesn't.”
“- Cinderella: I doubt he has any idea how a girl should be treated.
- Prince Christopher: Like a princess, I suppose.
- Cinderella: No, like a person, with kindness and respect.”
“Falling in love with love is falling for make-believe. Falling in love with love is playing the fool. Caring too much is such a juvenile fancy. Learning to trust is just for children in school.”
“The world is full of zanies and fools who don't believe in sensible rules and won't believe what sensible people say. Keep building up impossible hopes. Things are happening everyday.”
“Because you're common, Cinderella. Your mother was common and so are you. Only you can wash your face and put on a cleandress, but underneath, you'll still be common. But a prince would even consider taking you for his bride? Why, it's laughable!”
“- Minerva: Did you ever see such a lazy girl in your life?
- Calliope: Who are you calling lazy?
- Minerva: Not you, stupid, Cinderella!
- Calliope: Oh. Who are you calling stupid?”
“Beauty knows no pain, girls!”
“The sweetest sounds I'll ever hear are still inside my head. The kindest words I'll ever know are waiting to be said. The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see and the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me.”
“- Cinderella: But shouldn't a man love you for who you are, in spite of everything?
- Cinderella's Stepmother: How quaint. Tell me, Cinderella, What would you say to capture the prince?
- Cinderella: I don't know. But whatever I'd say, we'd know in an instant we were meant for each other. Then he'd smile, and kiss my hand.”
“- Queen Constantina: Chris you've been up all night. Come have something to eat.
- Prince Christopher: I can't. I can't eat or rest until I've found her again.”
“- Lionel: You know, I honestly wish there was something between us.
- Cinderella's Stepmother: Really?
- Lionel: Yes. A continent.”
“- Queen Constantina: So many beautiful girls! He'll meet someone tonight.
- King Maximillian: And if he doesn't?
- Queen Constantina: This ball will never end!”