“The Nightmare Before Christmas” quotes(1993)
Plot – Jack Skellington lives in the city of Halloween. When he discovers Christmastown, where during Christmas period Santa Claus distributes gifts to good children, Jack decides to replace Santa Claus and gives the children his terrifying Halloween gifts. Santa Claus is captured and threaten but thanks to Sally, the girl made of rags who's in love with Jack, everything is restored back. A beautiful fantasy and horror motion picture represented by "puppets": critics judged it both melancholy and romantic. This film is a Tim Burton inspiration and production which got an enormous success for the wonderful animation and charming soundtrack.
All actors – Danny Elfman, Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara, William Hickey, Glenn Shadix, Paul Reubens, Ken Page, Edward Ivory, Susan McBride, Debi Durst, Greg Proops, Kerry Katz, Randy Crenshaw, Sherwood Ball, Carmen Twillie, Glenn Walters, Mia Brown, L. Peter Callender, Ann Fraser, Jennifer Levey, Jesse McClurg, John Morris, Robert Olague, Bobbi Page, Elena Praskin, Trampas Warman, Judi M. Durand, Doris Hess, Daamen J. Krall, Christina MacGregor, David McCharen, Gary Raff, David Randolph, Gary Schwartzshow all
“The Nightmare Before Christmas” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Evil Scientist: That's twice this month you've slipped Deadly Nightshade into my tea and run off.
- Sally: Three times.
- Evil Scientist: You're mine, you know! I made you! With my own hands.
- Sally: You can make other creations! I'm restless. I can't help it.
- Evil Scientist: It's a phase, my dear, it'll pass. We need to be patient, that's...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Jack Skellington: We pick up an oversized sock, and hang it like this on the wall...
- Mr. Hyde: Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot?
- Smaller Mr. Hyde: Let me see, let me look.
- Smallest Mr. Hyde: Is it rotted and covered with gook?”
“- Sally: Lunch!
- Evil Scientist: Mm, what's this?
- Evil Scientist: Wormswort! Mmm...
[prepares to take a bite but then sniffs suspiciously]
- Evil Scientist: ... And frog's breath?
- Sally: What's wrong? I thought you liked frog's breath.
- Evil Scientist: Nothing's more suspicious than frog's breath! Until you taste it, I won't...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Evil Scientist: The door is open!
- Jack Skellington: Hello?
- Evil Scientist: Jack Skellington! Up here, my boy!
- Jack Skellington: Doctor! I need to borrow some equipment.
- Evil Scientist: Is that so? What ever for?
- Jack Skellington: I'm conducting a series of experiments.
- Evil Scientist: How perfectly marvelous! Curiosity killed the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Kid: Santa?
- Jack Skellington: Merry Christmas! And what is your name?
- Kid: Uh... uh...
- Jack Skellington: That's all right. I have a present for you, anyway. There ya go, sonny! Ho ho ho! Heeheehee!
[slips out the chimney]
- Mother: And what did Santa bring you, honey?
[kid shows parents his present: a shrunken head; parents scream]”
“- Jack Skellington: The job I have for you is top secret. It requires skill, craft, cunning, mis...
- Shock: And we thought you didn't like us, Jack.”
“- Santa: Don't do this! Naughty children never get any presents!
- Shock: I think he might be too big!
- Lock: No, he's not. If he can go down a chimney, he can fit... down... here!”
“What a joy to think of all we'll have in common. We'll have conversations worth having.”
“- Santa: [from in the bag] Me on vacation? On Christmas Eve?
- Barrel: Where are we taking him?
- Shock: Where?
- Lock: To Oogie Boogie, of course. There's no where in the whole world more comfortable than that. And Jack said to make him comfortable, didn't he?
- Barrel, Shock: Yes, he did.”
“You've poisoned me for the last time, you wretched girl!”
“Jack! But, they said you were dead. You must be... double dead!”