Plot – John Constantine has been to hell and back. Born with the ability to see the angels and demons that hide among humans, a power that he did not want, Constantine killed himself to escape the visions that haunted him. However, he failed and he was brought back to life in spite of himself. Having attempted suicide, now the only hope he has to earn eternal salvation is to patrol the boundaries between heaven and hell, using the time that he has been allowed to send demons back to hell.
All actors – Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, Shia LaBeouf, Djimon Hounsou, Max Baker, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Gavin Rossdale, Tilda Swinton, Peter Stormare, Jesse Ramirez, José Zúñiga, Francis Guinan, Larry Cedar, April Grace, Suzanne Whang, Jhoanna Trias, Alice Lo, Nicholas Downs, Tanoai Reed, Quinn Buniel, Ann Ryerson, Stephanie Fabian, Connor Dylan Wryn, Laz Alonso, Jeremy Ray Valdez, Jose Molina, Barbara Pilavin, C.W. Pyun, Sharon Omi, Edward J. Rosen, John Gipson, Roberto Kawata, , Kevin Alejandro, Valerie Azlynn, Victor Boneva, Eileen Dietz, Kevin Eckhardt, Joey Paul Gowdy, Domino Harvey, Mohammed Hassan, Wesley John, Andres Londono, April Malina, Matthew McGrory, Billy Million, Michelle Monaghan, Abe Pagtama, Martin Pierron, Bidkar Ramos, R.A. Rondell, Erik Rusnak, Robbin Ryan, Danny Salay, Mahryah Shain, Gary Sievers, Chad Stahelski, Tony Swiftshow all
“Constantine” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Angela Dodson: I guess God has a plan for all of us.
- John Constantine: God's a kid with an ant farm, lady. He's not planning anything.”
“- Angela Dodson: I don't believe in the devil.
- John Constantine: You should. He believes in you.”
“I guess there's a plan for all of us. I had to die - twice - just to figure that out. Like the book says, He works His work in mysterious ways. Some people like it. Some people don't.”
“- John Constantine: Detective. What if I told you that God and the devil made a wager, a kind of standing bet for the souls of all mankind?
- Angela Dodson: I'd tell you to stay on your meds.
- John Constantine: Humor me. No direct contact with humans. That would be the rule. Just influence. See who would win.
- Angela Dodson: Okay, I'm humoring...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angela Dodson: She was a patient at Ravenscar. She... jumped off the roof.
- John Constantine: Thought you said she was murdered?
- Angela Dodson: Yeah, well, Isabel wouldn't have taken her own life.
- John Constantine: Yeah, what kind of mental patient kills herself? That's just crazy.”
“It's fun when a man beats his wife to death? It's fun when a mother drowns her own baby? And you think the devil is responsible? People are evil, Mr. Constantine. People.”
“If sweet, sweet God loves you so, then I will make you worthy of His love. I've been watching for a long time. It's only in the face of horror that you truly find your nobler selves. And you can be so noble. So, I'll bring you pain, I'll bring you horror, so that you may rise above it. So that those of you who survive this reign of hell on Earth...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I thought I heard thunder last night. Must have been Satan's stomach growling.”
“- Gabriel: I'm simply seeking to inspire mankind to all that is intended.
- John Constantine: By handing Earth over to the son of the Devil?”
“You don't walk off the roof of a building without leaving something behind.”
“- John Constantine: I'm a suicide, Angela. When I die, the rules say I've got just one place to go...
- Angela Dodson: You're trying to buy your way into heaven.
- John Constantine: What would you do if you were sentenced to a prison where half the inmates were put there by you?”
“- Angela Dodson: She has to have a Catholic funeral, Father. She has to.
- Father Garret: Angela, it's still considered a mortal sin.
- Angela Dodson: She didn't commit suicide.
- Father Garret: The Bishop believes otherwise. You know the rules, Angela.
- Angela Dodson: Oh, rules! Father... David. This is Isabel. God was the only one she ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Welcome to my life.”
“Why me, Gabriel? It's personal, isn't it? I didn't go to church enough, I didn't pray enough, I... was five bucks short in the collection plate. Why?”