“Follow That Bird” quotes(1985)
All actors – Caroll Spinney, Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Kathryn Mullen, Jerry Nelson, Paul Bartel, Sandra Bernhard, John Candy, Chevy Chase, Joe Flaherty, Waylon Jenningsshow all
“Follow That Bird” Quotes 12 quotes
“We all know he can't be happy. He needs to be with his own kind, with a bird family.”
“- Mr. Snuffleupagus: Bird, this is goodbye. You're leaving Sesame Street.
- Big Bird: Well, I'm not really leaving. I'm just going away.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus: Oh.
- Big Bird: Besides, as soon as I get to OceanView, you can come and visit.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus: I can?
- Big Bird: First thing, ol' pal. I wouldn't go if you couldn't come and visit.”
“- Big Bird: Say, you must be the driver.
- Truck Driver: Well, what can I do for you, big fella?
- Big Bird: Well, do you have room for just one more?
- Truck Driver: I don't take no riders. This here's a turkey truck.
- Big Bird: Oh well... But my friend Oscar always says that I'm a big turkey!
- Truck Driver: Well, I don't guess I can argue...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam Sleaze: What seems to be the problem, officer? What's the charge?
- State Trooper: What about counterfeiting, extortion, fraud, impersonating a dentist, stealing an apple from a kid?
- Sam Sleaze: Oh, about that apple, officer, I can explain that. We was just holding it for a friend.
- State Trooper: You can tell that to the judge.”
Kermit the Frog here in OceanView, Illinois, with the thank you note Big Bird left saying he was running back to Sesame Street. The note reads: "Dear Dodos, you are a very nice family. Thanks for everything, but I'm walking back to Sesame Street. I should be there in three hours, since it took two hours to fly here. So if anyone calls, you know... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Daddy Dodo: But your best friend should be a bird.
- Big Bird: Why?
- Mommy Dodo: Because you're a bird. Isn't that right, Daddy?
- Daddy Dodo: That's right, Mommy. And you should be with your own kind: birds.
- Mommy Dodo: You'll find lots of birds your own age.
- Daddy Dodo: And make some new best friends. Now come on out and hunt for worms.”
“- Miss Finch: You know, Big, you shouldn't be living here all alone.
- Big Bird: Well, I'm not all alone. Why, there's Gordon and Susan and...
- Miss Finch: But they're not birds like we are.
- Big Bird: I know, but they're nice people.
- Miss Finch: But you should have a home and a family.
- Big Bird: Well, I am home. I like it here on Sesame...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Oscar the Grouch: This is where I wanna be grouch paradise! Just look it at. It's like a work of art.
- Telly Monster: It is different, Maria.
- Maria: Oscar, I want you to turn this car around right now and head for Toadstool!
- Oscar the Grouch: Ah, an angry face in a beautiful place, heaven.”