Plot – Loretta Castorini is an attractive Italian-American widow who accepted to marry Johnny Cammareri. Before the wedding, however, he travels to Sicily to visit the dying old mother, who wants to see him for the last time. Meanwhile Loretta has to contact the groom’s brother Ronny to invite him to the wedding. Johnny and Ronny don’t get on very well with each other. There’s no need to say that Loretta and Ronny fall in love. The situation declines at some point.
All actors – Cher, Nicolas Cage, Vincent Gardenia, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, Julie Bovasso, John Mahoney, Louis Guss, Feodor Chaliapin Jr., Anita Gillette, Leonardo Cimino, Paula Trueman, Nada Despotovich, Joe Grifasi, Gina DeAngeles, Robin Bartlett, Helen Hanft, David S. Howard, Robert Weil, Amy Aquino, Tony Azito, Frank Gio, Ann McDonough, John Christopher Jones, Lisa Howard, Cynthia Dale, Anthony Messuri, Martha Collins, John Fanning, Antonia Minella, Nicholas Pasco, Al Therrien, Lou Pitoscia, Gilberto Godoy, Louis Di Bianco, Betti Orsatti, Michael Barbaro, Antonio Pariselli, Corrado Gianna, Tommy Hollis, Matt Myers, Michael Dunster, Stella Bruno, Mimi Cecchini, Mimi Lizio, Tim Koetting, Gerard Flannery, Robert Payson, Catherine Scorsese, Jack K. Tsirakis, David Giardina, Cathy Ladman, Peter Austin Noto, Helen Proimosshow all
“Moonstruck” Quotes 19 quotes
“Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love doesn't make things nice, it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rose Castorini: Do you love him, Loretta?
- Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
- Rose Castorini: Oh, God, that's too bad.”
“- Rose Castorini: How's the mother?
- Loretta Castorini: She's dying. But I could still hear her big mouth.”
“- Rose Castorini: I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else.
- Cosmo Castorini: Thank you, Rose.”
“Someone, tell a joke...”
“I can't sleep anymore. It's too much like death.”
“- Loretta Castorini: I'm getting married.
- Cosmo Castorini: Again?
- Loretta Castorini: Yeah.
- Cosmo Castorini: You did this once before, it didn't work out.
- Loretta Castorini: The guy died!”
“- Loretta Castorini: That was so awful.
- Ronny Cammareri: Awful?
- Loretta Castorini: Beautiful... sad. She died!
- Ronny Cammareri: Yes.
- Loretta Castorini: I was surprised... You know, I didn't really think she was gonna die. I knew she was sick.
- Ronny Cammareri: She had TB.
- Loretta Castorini: I know! I mean, she was coughing her brains...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Old Crone: You have someone on that plane?
- Loretta Castorini: Yeah, my fiancé.
- Old Crone: I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprese il mio uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rose Castorini: Why do men chase women?
- Mr. Johnny Cammareri: Well, there's a Bible story... God... God took a rib from Adam and made Eve. Now maybe men chase women to get the rib back. When God took the rib, he left a big hole there, where there used to be something. And the women have that. Now maybe, just maybe, a man isn't complete as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ronny Cammareri: I love you.
- Loretta Castorini: [slaps him twice] Snap out of it!”
“- Ronny Cammareri: You ruined my life.
- Loretta Castorini: That's impossible! It was ruined when I got here! You ruined my life!”
“- Cosmo Castorini: Rose. Rose. Rose! Rose!
[She wakes up]
- Rose Castorini: Who's dead?”
“- Cosmo Castorini: It looks stupid. It's a pinky ring. It's a man's ring!
- Loretta Castorini: It's temporary!
- Cosmo Castorini: Everything is temporary! That doesn't excuse nothin'!”
“- Cosmo Castorini: What's the matter, Pop?
- Old Man: I'm confused!”
“- Rose Castorini: But why would a man need more than one woman?
- Mr. Johnny Cammareri: I don't know. Maybe because he fears death.”