Olympia Dukakis quotes
“I'd recognize this penmanship anywhere. You have the handwritin' of a serial killer.”
“The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.”
“- Rose Castorini: Do you love him, Loretta?
- Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
- Rose Castorini: Oh, God, that's too bad.”
“- Rose Castorini: How's the mother?
- Loretta Castorini: She's dying. But I could still hear her big mouth.”
“- Rita: I'd like a grandchild. So, shoot me.
- Kate: All right, Ma. Well, you'll be happy to know I'm looking into getting some eggs frozen.
- Rita: Wonderful. I can tell everyone I'm having a grandsicle.”
“- Rose Castorini: I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else.
- Cosmo Castorini: Thank you, Rose.”
“- Grant Anderson: Which kind of person are you?
- Marian: I was pretty mad about it. But now... looking at what came my way I think I could be the other kind of person. Quite the philosopher, huh?”
“- Principal Helen Jacobs: Next week, I have a meeting with the school board. And there are people in this community who believe that rock and roll is a message sent from the devil himself. Now when that issue comes up, what can I tell them?
- Glenn Holland: Mrs. Jacobs, you tell them that I am teaching music, and that I will use anything from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Winning is everything in Hollywood.”
“You don't stay married for thirty-nine years because of sex or even because of love, but because your partner is a real friend to you.”
“God is not something I think about but something I experience as an energy.”
“- Clairee Belcher: Janice Van Meter got hit with a baseball. It was fabulous.
- Truvy Jones : Was she hurt?
- Clairee Belcher: I doubt it. She got hit in the head.”
“- Annelle Dupuy Desoto: That is one ugly dog. What kind of dog is that?
- Clairee Belcher: If it had hair, it'd be a Saint Bernard.”
“- Truvy Jones: I kind of like hiring somebody with a past.
- Clairee Belcher: She can't be more than eighteen. She hasn't had time to have a past.”
“The only thing that separates one kind of person from another is there are some who stay angry about it and there are some who... accept what comes their way.”
“You sound almost chipper. What happened today, you run over a small child or something?”
“I'm thinking that sometimes you just have to make the decision to be happy. Just decide. Things aren't ever what you hoped they'd be.”