“Mr. Mom” quotes(1983)
Plot – Jack Butler has a friendly and an ordinary family. His wife Caroline greets him every morning when he goes to work and takes care of their three children. When Jack is fired, Caroline finds a job in the advertising field and, thanks to her abilities and good manners, she conquers everyone. Now their roles are reversed: Jack stays at home and Caroline succeeds in her job. Misadventures begin as the children are a bit skeptical about their father's abilities to manage the female activities, moreover Jack seems to sink into a hopeless routine.
All actors – Michael Keaton, Teri Garr, Frederick Koehler, Taliesin Jaffe, Courtney White, Brittany White, Martin Mull, Ann Jillian, Jeffrey Tambor, Christopher Lloyd, Tom Leopold, Graham Jarvisshow all
“Mr. Mom” Quotes 13 quotes
“I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious.”
“All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize with all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we're all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart.”
“You ever talk that way to my kid again... I'm knockin' you out!”
Your Mom calls the vacuum cleaner "jaws"?
“- Alex: Wow, what a house!
- Jack Butler: Yeah, probably mortgaged to the eyeballs.
- Caroline: Not this one, his great grandfather - Commander Richardson - built it.
- Jack Butler: Eh... hand me down.”
“- Annette: Hello, Jack? I'm Annette.
- Jack Butler: Hi.
- Annette: You're doing it wrong.”
“- Jinx: [talking about the lay-off] Your not exactly walking out of here empty handed, You got your pension and I'll give you this months gas money.
- Larry: There's only one more thing I want.
- Jinx: What?
- Larry: Disability!
- Jinx: [Jinx goes to window and tries to open it and jump out but is grabbed by Jack]
- Jinx: Hey keep that sense of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Butler: My brain is like oatmeal. I yelled at Kenny today for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows, and I'm liking them! I'm losing it.
- Caroline: Honey, I know what you're talking about. I've been there myself, alright?
- Jack Butler: Well, if you're so unhappy, why don't you say something...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ya?... Hi Joan. How are you doin?... Ahh, it's gotta be Kevin's... Victor? How could it be Victor's? Thought he got a vasectomy... It didn't take?”
“How'd you like a little trim on that moustache, Ron?”
“Are you crazy? You don't feed a baby chili!”
“- Jack Butler: [Enters scene revving chainsaw] How ya doin'. You must be Ron Richardson. I'm - Jack Butler, nice to meetcha.
- Ron Richardson: Pleased to meet you.
- Jack Butler: Huh?
- Ron Richardson: I say I'm pleased...
- [Jack Turns chainsaw off]
- Ron Richardson: ...to meet you. I'm just waiting for Caroline.
- Jack Butler: Well, uh, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Honey if you call and I'm not home I'll be at the gym or the gun club.”