Martin Mull quotes
- Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Um... no.
- Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes".
- Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes"? Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.”
“- Bill: Thank you for inviting me to participate in your life, for I am an asshole. And being an asshole is neither good nor bad. It just is.
- Reverend Spike: I think that says it all.
- Harvey Holroyd: These are exciting times, aren't they? Gas is over a dollar a gallon and it's okay to be an asshole.”
- From the movie: FM
“- Harvey Holroyd: I came as fast as I could, Kate.
- Kate Linville Holroyd: Well, you're a little hard to reach these days. I guess driving your little friend to girl scout meetings takes up a lot of your time.
- Harvey Holroyd: Kate, you still get being liberated mixed up with being a bitch.”
“Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen.”
“- Harvey Holroyd: I just want to find out where she is.
- Dr. Leonard Miller: Hey, Harv, that's her space.
- Harvey Holroyd: Right. And what's the address of her space?”
- Colonel Mustard: I prefer Kipling myself. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male". Do you like Kipling, Miss Scarlet?
- Miss Scarlet: Sure, I'll eat anything.
“- Wadsworth: I suggest we take the cook's body into the study.
- Colonel Mustard: Why?
- Wadsworth: I'm the butler, I like to keep the kitchen tidy.”
“- Colonel Mustard: Why are you screaming?
- Mr. Green: Because I'm frightened!
- Colonel Mustard: Of what?
- Mr. Green: Screaming!”
- From the movie: Cutting Class
“- Kate Linville Holroyd: I can't believe I called the high priest a cocksucker.
- Harvey Holroyd: I thought you were terrific.”
“Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.”
“Show business is just like high school, except you get paid.”
“- Marlene: How about if I just go home with you and we go to bed together?
- Harvey Holroyd: We could do that. Sure.”
“- Harvey Holroyd: I think we have some important stuff going for us.
- Kate Linville Holroyd: Yeah, anger, mistrust, alienation, lack of communication...
- Harvey Holroyd: Right! And goddamn it, I'm not going to give that stuff up without a fight!”
“- Harvey Holroyd: You know Kate, and the way she feels about polluting the atmosphere.
- Sam Stone: What has the atmosphere ever done for you?
- Harvey Holroyd: Not much lately.
- Sam Stone: You know, Angela's on that ecology committee, too. Big deal. Last month they saved the condor. You ever see a condor?
- Harvey Holroyd: Not up close.
- Sam...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joanie Holroyd: I've got to hand it to you guys, you're weird, but you've got balls.
- Harvey Holroyd: Thank you Joanie, but watch your language, okay? They don't talk that way in Denver.
- Kate Linville Holroyd: Denver, that's near Aspen.
- Harvey Holroyd: Yeah.
- Kate Linville Holroyd: Isn't that where they have the Institute for Humanistic...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kate Linville Holroyd: Ginger Gallagher has a lot of experience with this. Her cousin lost two kids to the Hare Krishnas, and one was clubbed to death by a baby seal hunter.
- Harvey Holroyd: What ever happened to running away and joining the circus?
- Kate Linville Holroyd: You know, they say this group finds kids who are alienated, and love...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: O.C. and Stiggs
“This is war, Peacock. Casualties are inevitable. You can not make an omelet without breaking eggs, every cook will tell you that.”