“Private Benjamin” quotes(1980)
Plot – Rich and rather ditzy Julia Benjamin is already divorced and becomes a widow shortly after her second marriage. Prostrate, she decides she is done with love and decides to enlist. All sort of troubles happen to her in the army, but the real test comes when Julia meets Henri, a charming French doctor who she falls in love with. A third marriage is looming, but on their wedding day some strange behaviour of the husband-to-be leads Julia to give up the wedding and return to the army.
All actors – Goldie Hawn, Eileen Brennan, Armand Assante, Robert Webber, Sam Wanamaker, Barbara Barrie, Mary Kay Place, Harry Dean Stanton, Albert Brooks, Alan Oppenheimer, Estelle Marlov, Everett Covinshow all
“Private Benjamin” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Judy Benjamin: What do you want from me? I didn't ask her to punish everybody! Do you think I like schlepping in the rain all day and all night?
- Pvt. Wanda Winter: Just keep marching, Benjamin.
- Judy Benjamin: My name is Judy! J-U-D-Y! Judy! And I'd like somebody to call me by my name! Oh, okay I took my life in my own hands, I made a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Judy Benjamin: Now I know what I've been faking all these years.
- Henri Tremont: That was your first?
- Judy Benjamin: And second.”
“Has anybody ever died from basic?”
“Beware, there are mine fields out there. Most of them are inert. However, some are ert.”
“- Mrs. Goodman: Judith. Just one thing. If you can remember. What were Yale's last words?
- Judy Benjamin: I'm coming.”
“- Judy Benjamin: I think they sent me to the wrong place.
- Capt. Doreen Lewis: Uh-huh.
- Judy Benjamin: See, I did join the army, but I joined a different army. I joined the one with the condos and the private rooms.”
“- Judy Benjamin: Have you seen the bathroom?
- Capt. Doreen Lewis: Do you think that the latrine... do you think that it's unsanitary?
- Judy Benjamin: It's disgusting! There are urinals in there!”
“- Sgt. L.C. Ross: Everybody up! Everybody, Benjamin!
- Judy Benjamin: Oh God, you can't mean me. I worked the night shift! Go check out the bathroom, it's fabulous.”