Barbra Streisand quotes
“- Rose Morgan: Why don't you get the coffee?
- Hannah Morgan: I've buried a husband, I've raised two daughters. I've made my coffee.”
“- Bernie Focker: Why can't you support my dreams the way I've always supported yours? When you wanted to try new sex positions for your research, I was your guinea pig!
- Roz Focker: You volunteered!
- Bernie Focker: I pulled my hamstring doing a reverse cowgirl!
- Roz Focker: That's because you did it backwards.”
“You want to know what I do for a living? Ask me. My time is very expensive, Mr. MacMillan. Probably more than yours. I get 500 dollars an hour. How much do you get? I get four-hundred dollars for a straight lay, three-hundred for a hand job, and five-hundred for head. If you want to wear my panties, that's another hundred.”
“Sometimes people love you so much their love is like a goddamn gun that keeps firing straight into your head. They love you so much you go right into a hospital.”
“- Rozalin Focker: See that's Greg getting circumcised.
- Bernie Focker: We had the ceremony at my parents' house. There was a cold snap and the heat conked out. Tell it.
- Rozalin Focker: The heater conked out. No matter how hard he tried, the mohel couldn't coax Greggie's tiny little turtle from it's shell.
- Greg Focker: You know what? Let's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tom Wingo: This is not about me!
- Susan Lowenstein: Then, why are you so upset?”
“- Susan Lowenstein: How did you deal with his death?
- Tom Wingo: I shut down like a broken motor.”
“- Francis MacMillan: Do you believe Dr. Morrison is acting out of a personal motive?
- Claudia Draper: No, I'm sure he believes what he believes. He thinks whores are girls who hang out on 8th Avenue and stick needles in their arms. He knows whores aren't nice white girls from nice white families. He knows that just as sure as he knows his wife...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Francis MacMillan: Did you exchange your jewels and furs for food at the supermarket?
- Claudia Draper: Now isn't that silly?
- Francis MacMillan: Well, did you?
- Claudia Draper: No.
- Francis MacMillan: Well, then how'd you pay for your food? I assume you didn't live on caviar.”
“- Katie: Wouldn't it be lovely if we were old? We'd have survived all this. And everything would be easy and uncomplicated, the way it was when we were young.
- Hubbell: Katie, it was never uncomplicated.”
“- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- Claudia Draper: Not unless there's Thorazine in it.
- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Sorry, only milk and sugar.
- Claudia Draper: Pass.”
“I know women who marry men they despise so they can drive a Mercedes and spend summers in the Hamptons.”
“- Rozalin Focker: Well you know, honey, many unplanned pregnancies happen because the man is such a sexual dynamo, and the woman craves his sperm on an unconscious but very powerful level.
- Greg Focker: Mom, I'm truly not comfortable having this conversation with you. I've been telling you that since I was eleven.”
“- Katie: You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or to love you as much.
- Hubbell: I know that.
- Katie: Well then why?”
“- Hubbell: You never give up, do you?
- Katie: Only when I'm absolutely forced to.”