Plot – A few days after Pearl Harbor attacks, in Los Angeles the Japaneses are supposed to be preparing an offense against United States. A Japanese submarine is indeed trying to locate Hollywood to attack it and the city goes in panic. In the end the submarine launches a torpedo and leaves.
All actors – Dan Aykroyd, Ned Beatty, John Belushi, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton, Christopher Lee, Tim Matheson, Toshirô Mifune, Warren Oates, Robert Stack, Treat Williams, Nancy Allenshow all
“1941” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Ward Douglas: My girlfriend was there, because... There was this wild man there and she...
- Maj. Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell: Son, is this a long story?
- Ward Douglas: Yes, sir.
- Maj. Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell: Well, then, save it.”
“- Cmdr. Akiro Mitamura: All of our navigational equipment is inoperable. It's all crap! What kind of submarine did your government sell us?
- Capt. Wolfgang von Kleinschmidt: The instruments on this vessel are the finest Swiss-made. The problem is with your crew. Even children in the Hitler youth learn by the age of ten how to operate a simple...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You ain't gettin' shit out of me. I've been constipated all week and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!”
“- Maj. Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell: What was that?
- Pvt. DuBois: Appears to be a large Negro, sir.”
“- Col. 'Madman' Maddox: Winowski, a little tall for a Jap, wouldn't you say?
- Winowski: Yeah, but those Japs are sneaky bastards, sir. You never know.
- Col. 'Madman' Maddox: You're right. Check him for stilts.”
“There's a Kraut on board too. We got the whole damn Axis here.”
“If there's one thing I can't stand seeing, it's Americans fighting Americans.”
“You can't have an air raid without bombs!”
"Dumbo". Sure be good to get my mind off things for a while.
“Now, wait a minute General! I'm doin' the best I can. You've got to tell these guys that I got to have a little bit more privacy. Shoot, how in the hell do you expect a guy to take a bowel movement with a bunch of buffalo rifles a-pointin' at him? Shoot, I have enough problems just pissin' in a public restroom.”
“We've got to figure out how to make these things smaller!”
“This time we win or we die trying.”
“- Capt. Loomis Birkhead: Sir, you don't have any bombers here, do you, sir?
- Col. 'Madman' Maddox: Bombers? Son, if I had bombers I'd be bombin' the hell out of them right now!”
“Bombs! I don't hear any bombs! Now they're up there. They came all the way from Asia. Don't you think they'd bring a few bombs along?”
“Ladies and gentlemen, every where I look... soldiers are fighting sailors, sailors are fighting Marines! Directly in front of me, I see a flying blond floozy! Everywhere I look... everywhere, pure pandemonium... pandemonium!”
- Capt. Wolfgang von Kleinschmidt: The Führer was right! There is no place in the Third Reich for you yellow swine!
- Cmdr. Akiro Mitamura: You can take your "Third Reich" and shove it up your ass!