“Sharpe's Rifles” quotes(1993)
All actors – Sean Bean, Brian Cox, Daragh O'Malley, Assumpta Serna, David Troughton, Simón Andreu, Michael Mears, John Tams, Jason Salkey, Paul Trussell, Lyndon Davies, Julian Fellowesshow all
“Sharpe's Rifles” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Teresa: Be careful, he's very clever.
- Major Blas Vivar: But his men don't like him.”
“There are two kinds of officers, sir: killin' officers and murderin' officers. Killin' officers are poor old buggers that get you killed by mistake. Murderin' officers are mad, bad, old buggers that get you killed on purpose - for a country, for a religion, maybe even for a flag. You see that Major Hogan, sir? That's what I call a murderin'...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Harris: Harris. From Wheatley in Oxfordshire.
- Richard Sharpe: And previously?
- Harris: A courtier to my lord Bacchus and an unremitting debtor.
- Richard Sharpe: You're a rake and a wastrel, Harris. Is there anything you can do?
- Harris: I can read, sir.”
“- Richard Sharpe: Did you volunteer for this lot, Cooper?
- Cooper: Uh no, not exactly sir. I was invited to join... by a magistrate.”
“- Wellesley: What do you do when you're short of cash, Sharpe?
- Richard Sharpe: Do without, sir.”
“- Richard Sharpe: Previous employment?
- Cooper: By way of a trader, sir. In... property and the like.
- Richard Sharpe: Would that be other people's property, Cooper?”
“- Man in Black: I can help you. Give me the box.
- Patrick Harper: And if I do?
- Man in Black: You will be rich.
- Patrick Harper: And if I don't?
- Man in Black: You will be dead.
- Patrick Harper: Hmm... well, you're having the best of the argument so far.”
“Now there's a woman worth fighting dirty for, sir.”
“When you bury me... no priests!”