Sean Bean quotes
“- James Bond: I'm alone.
- Alec Trevelyan: Aren't we all?”
“- Agamemnon: Hector fights for his country! Achilles fights only for himself!
- Odysseus: I don't care about the man's allegiance, I care about his ability to win battles!”
“- James Bond: It's too easy.
- Alec Trevelyan: Half of everything is luck, James.
- James Bond: And the other half?
- Alec Trevelyan: Fate!”
“I wasn't afraid. I was depressed.”
“We're soldiers. It's my profession and I'm proud of it. Nobody said you had to be crap at it. As for the men who tortured us, they had a job to do as well. It's just that some of them enjoyed it a but too much. If I met any of them in the street tomorrow, and thought I could get away with it, I'd slot them.”
“This war will never be forgotten, nor will the heroes who fought in it.”
“The psychiatrists turned up to check us for signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Turned out they were more strung-out than we were.”
“Your reputation for hospitality is fast becoming legend.”
“- James Bond: He'll betray you! Just like everyone else.
- Colonel Ourumov: Is this true?
- Alec Trevelyan: What's true is that in 48 hours you and I will have more money than God. And Mr. Bond here will have a small memorial service with only Moneypenny and a few tearful restaurateurs in attendance.”
- James Bond: Why?
- Alec Trevelyan: Hilarious question, particularly from you. Did you ever ask why? Why we toppled all those dictators, undermined all those regimes, only to come home: "Well done, good job, but sorry, old boy, everything you risked your life and limb for has changed".
- James Bond: It was the job we were chosen for.
“Women have a way of complicating things.”
“- Alec Trevelyan: In 16 minutes and 43 sec, in 42 seconds, the United Kingdom will reenter the stone age.
- James Bond: A worldwide financial meltdown. And all so mad little Alec can settle a score with the world, 50 years on.
- Alec Trevelyan: Oh, please James, spare me the Freud. I might as well ask you for the vodka martinis that have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Aragorn: I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.
- Boromir: Our people, our people. I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king.”
“War is young men dying and old men talking. Ignore the politics.”
“- Dinger: Did you know that Saddam Hussein is an anagram of 'He's a sad nudist'?
- Andy McNab: Where did the 'M' go?
- Dinger: I swapped it for a 'T'.
- Andy McNab: You can't do that.
- Dinger: Well I just did.
- Andy McNab: That's not right.”
“If they ever tell my story let them say that I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Hector and of Achilles.”
“- Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
- Legolas: And you have my bow.
- Gimli: And my axe.
- Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.”
“- Spence: You worried about saving your own skin?
- Sam: I am. It covers my body.”
“- Harris: Harris. From Wheatley in Oxfordshire.
- Richard Sharpe: And previously?
- Harris: A courtier to my lord Bacchus and an unremitting debtor.
- Richard Sharpe: You're a rake and a wastrel, Harris. Is there anything you can do?
- Harris: I can read, sir.”
“- Richard Sharpe: Did you volunteer for this lot, Cooper?
- Cooper: Uh no, not exactly sir. I was invited to join... by a magistrate.”