“The Black Hole” quotes(1979)
Plot – The American spaceship ‘Palomino’ has almost reached the line of an inefficient research of human life in a space’s unexplored area. While the tired and discouraged spacemen are thinking about their homes, they discover a black hole and, next to it, the ‘Cygnus’, a huge American space station that disappeared 20 years before.
All actors – Maximilian Schell, Anthony Perkins, Robert Forster, Joseph Bottoms, Yvette Mimieux, Ernest Borgnine, Tom McLoughlin, Roddy McDowall, Gary Nelson, Slim Pickensshow all
“The Black Hole” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Dr. Alex Durant: You will be remembered as one of the greatest space scientists of all time.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: I've never doubted that.”
“- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: It's about time that people learned about their failures and my successes.
- Dr. Alex Durant: You should come back with us and enjoy the glory of that success.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: I don't want to go back and I don't enjoy successes any more.”
“They still haven't improved on our model. You can't modify perfection! We are the best.”
- V.I.N.CENT.: As an old war hero once said, "Damn the torpedos! full speed ahead!".
- B.O.B.: He also said something about going in harm's way.
“- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: Tonight, my friends, we stand on the brink of a feat unparalleled in space exploration. If the data on my returningprobe matches my computerized calculations, I will travel where no man has dared to go.
- Dr. Alex Durant: Into the black hole?
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: In - thorough - and beyond!”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: You know what they say, Vincent, all work and no play...
- V.I.N.CENT.: All sunshine makes a desert, so the Arabs say.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: Far be it from you to admit there isn't anything you can't handle.
- V.I.N.CENT.: There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer: the Wills, the Won'ts, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, the Won'ts oppose everything, and the Can'ts won't try anything.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: Every time I see one of those things I expect to spot some guy dressed in red with horns and a pitchfork.
- Captain Dan Holland: It's a monster, all right.
- V.I.N.CENT.: A rip in the very fabric of space and time.”
“- Harry Booth: The authorities would still consider that an act of piracy, Doctor.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: What would you have said, Mr. Booth, if the authorities would have called back Columbus just before he discovered the new world? You wouldn't even exist. I'm about to prove to you - that the end justify the means.”
“- Harry Booth: You never obeyed the order to return to earth.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: That's right. I refused this order. There were larger considerations. Other worlds yet to be explored. Life dreams unrealized.”
“- Dr. Alex Durant: Did you ever meet Commander Reinhardt?
- Harry Booth: Collided with him would be a more accurate description.”
“A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.”
“If one dances, one must pay the piper. If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's a sore loser!”
“- Dr. Kate McCrae: Alex, I'm beginning to feel you want to go with him.
- Dr. Alex Durant: On a glorious pilgrimage straight into what may be the mind of God. I do. I do.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: V.I.N.CENT., were you programmed to bug me?
- V.I.N.CENT.: No, sir, to educate you.”
“Some cause must have created all this, but what caused that cause?”
“A good offense is a the best defense!”
The word "impossible", Mr. Booth, is only found in the dictionary of fools.
“- Captain Dan Holland: It's only dinner.
- V.I.N.CENT.: Said the spider to the fly.”
“If there's any justice at all, the black hole will be your grave!”
“- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: The risk is incidental compared to the possibility to posses the great truth of the unknown. There - long cherished laws of nature - simply do not apply. They vanish!
- Dr. Alex Durant: And - life?
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: Life? Life forever!”