Grave quotes57 grave quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Basil Brown-Oh, well, that’s a ship that’s been buried in the mound.
Robert Pretty-Why would anyone want to bury a ship?
Basil Brown-Well, I expect because that’s a grave.
Robert Pretty-Whose grave?
Basil Brown-Well, I’d expect this is a grave of a great man. A warrior. Or a king.”
“- David Grant: Where's your family?
- Kate Grant: Oh, they're over in the Catholic cemetery. Catholics wouldn't be caught dead around all these damn Lutherans.”
“We soldiers dig. We dig all day. This is the hole that we will fight and die in. Am I digging my own grave?”
“- Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
- Guildenstern: No.
- Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it.”
“- Nick Charles: How'd you like Grant's tomb?
- Nora Charles: It's lovely. I'm having a copy made for you.”
“- Armand Goldman: Los Copa? There's nothing in Los Copa but a cemetery.
- Albert Goldman: I know, that's why I'm packing light.
- Armand Goldman: Oh I see, so you're going to a cemetery with your toothbrush. How Egyptian.”
“- Barry William Cox: We're going home now and never, ever, under any circumstances known to God speak about this again, is that clear? It is now merely a future therapy bill, agreed? Helen?
- Helen Shivers: I'll never mention it again.
- Barry William Cox: We make a pact, right here and now, we take this to our grave.”
“- Jim Evers: Honey, you know they have dead people in the backyard.
- Sara Evers: Well, some people have swimming pools, others have private cemeteries. It can happen.”
“- Ira: Hi. We're Ira and Barry Schalowitz.
- Barry: We helped bury your brother.
- Duke: Oh. Maybe someday I can do the same for you.”
“Just because I crawled out of a grave doesn't make me a fricking zombie.”
- Luke: Maybe Hugh Crain was a horrible monster that drove her to it.
- Eleanor "Nell" Vance: Monster? But he built this house with the woman he loved, like the Taj Mahal.
- Theo: The Taj Mahal wasn't a palace, it was a tomb. And equally overdone.
“He'll declare himself Genghis Khan come to life again. And that, my friend, is what you have got to prevent. You must find that grave, and you must be the first to find it.”
“Jason's not in his grave! Hawes is. Dig it up! You gotta dig it up!”
“- Blair: How about the carpet salesman, Glenn Skile? Was that your first? They never find the corpses, do they, Vann?
- Graves: Nobody will know shit, except the soft, dead earth. Right, Vann? That where you keep 'em?”
“You bought me a grave-post for my 38th birthday?”
“I'd like two words on my tombstone: what if.”
“The grave is lonely, but living is worse.”