“The Goonies” quotes(1985)
Plot – A powerful company is buying all the houses in Goon Docks neighborhood with explicit speculative intentions. A gang of kids called the Goonies wants to oppose but doesn’t know where to start. While they are going through the attic’s trinkets, the boys discover a yellowed Spanish map that contains precise directions on how to find an ancient treasure. The gang penetrates an abandoned chalet and plunges into a maze of caves. The boys didn’t know that the place is a gang of thieves’ secret base of operations led by "Mamma Brothers" and two of her violent sons. Through lots of adventures, traps, underground rivers and pirate ships, our heroes reach the treasure and save the neighborhood from being acquired. It is a pleasant new version of old pirate movies, designed for children but with a cinephile taste. The subject is of Spielberg, who is also the producer, while the screenplay is of Chris Columbus.
All actors – Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Jonathan Ke Quan, John Matuszak, Robert Davi, Joe Pantoliano, Anne Ramsey, Lupe Ontiveros, Mary Ellen Trainor, Keith Walker, Curt Hanson, Steve Antin, Paul Tuerpe, George Robotham, Charles McDaniel, Elaine Cohen McMahon, Michael Paul Chan, Nick McLean, Bill Bradley, Jeb Stuart Adams, Eric Briant Wells, Gene Ross, Max Segar, Newt Arnold, Jack O'Leary, Patrick Cameron, Orwin C. Harvey, Ted Grossman, , Richard Donner, Cyndi Lauper, Jennie Lew Tugendshow all
“The Goonies” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Francis: Tell us everything! Everything!
- Chunk: Everything. Okay! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...”
“You guys, I'm hungry. I know when my stomach growls there's trouble.”
“- Stef: You know, your voice is kind of nice when your mouth isn't screwing it up.
- Mouth: Yeah and you looks are kind of pretty. When your face isn't screwing it up.”
“I'm gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!”
“- Mouth: Is this supposed to be water?
- Mama Fratelli: It's wet, ain't it? Drink it!”
“- Chunk: It was the most amazing thing I ever saw!
- Mikey: More amazing than the time Michael Jackson came over to your house to use the bathroom?
- Brand: More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?
- Mouth: Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Walsh: Pants and shirts go in the... oh, forget about it. Just throw everything into cardboard boxes. Clark, can you really translate all that?
- Mouth: For sure, Mrs. Walsh.
- Mouth: [in Spanish] The marijuana goes in the top drawer. The cocaine and speed go in the second drawer. And the heroin goes in the bottom drawer. Always separate...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Stef: Wait, stop! You can't do this.
- Data: Why?
- Mikey: Why?
- Stef: Because these are somebody else's wishes. They're somebody else's dreams.
- Mouth: Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.”