Fashion quotes74 fashion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Fashion should not be expected to serve in the stead of courage or character.”
“- Reynolds Woodcock: Is there something I'm unaware of? Because as far as I can remember, all I've done is to dress her beautifully.
- Cyril: I don't think that matters to some people, I think they want what is fashionable and chic.
- Reynolds Woodcock: Chic? Oh, don't you start using that filthy little word, Chic! Whoever invented that ought to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed.”
“I was taught that I should come to New York, become an independent woman. And my prince would come, and he would be an agent, and he would get me a role, and I would make my living waiting on tables. I would wait - till thirty, till forty, till fifty. And I was taught that to be an actress, one should be fashionable, and to be fashionable is to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“That guy's too big, that guy's too small, and that guy's... not a guy. Just in desperate need of a stylist.”
“Wow. '80s fashion. Grody to the max.”
“Charlotte-She’s wearing flats.
Miranda-That’s the most desperate put down I’ve ever heard. ”
“Gucci doesn’t belong on a model, it belongs in a museum.”
“You know the message you’re sending out to the world with sweatpants? You’re telling the world: ‘I give up. I can’t compete in normal society. I’m miserable, so I might as well be comfortable.”
“I love anything vintage. And I love Marc Jacobs and shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti.”
“Fashion is a funny thing to talk about. I think what you wear is definitely an extension of you, but I also think it's totally arbitrary.”
“What do you think of this? Too ornate? Or do you think it's... beltacular?”
“And there, in the same city where they met as girls, four New York women entered the next phase of their lives dressed head to toe in love. And that's the one label that never goes out of style.”
“I'm going to retire, withdraw from public life, and become a hermit crab.”
“The idea of working in your shirt sleeves! Think of the shock to your customers - women of culture and refinement.”
Posers were people who looked like punks but they did it for fashion. And they were fools, they'd say "anarchy in the UK". What the fuck's that? Anarchy in the UK. What good is that to those of us in Utah, America? It was a Sex Pistols thing.
“- Valerie Da Vinci: It's some kind of monster!
- Silas Ramsbottom: Wait, that's not a monster! That's a man wearing shoulder pads. There's only one supervillain whose fashion sense is quite that dated...”
“Every new fashion is a form of rebellion.”
“- Frank Bannister: Why is it that flies stick to you guys like shit to a blanket?
- Cyrus: Ha ha, very funny. You're a funny guy, Frank. You know, all you think about is yourself. I could complain, too, you know. I would like some new clothes. You get to dress nice. Here I am still looking like Linc from The Mod Squad.
- Frank Bannister: You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cinderella: It was my mother's old dress.
- Lady Tremaine: It would be an insult to take you to the palace dressed in these old rags.”
“No, I'm not a hipster. I can't grow a convincing enough beard.”
- Moss Woodley: You look like hell.
- Brian Flagg: Hey, it's a fashion statement, man.
- Moss Woodley: Well, the only statement them clothes got to make is: "I look like hell".
“- Andy Sachs: But what if this isn't what I want? I mean what if I don't wanna live the way you live?
- Miranda Priestly: Oh, don't be ridiculous, Andrea. Everybody wants this. Everybody wants to be us.”