“The Survivors” quotes(1983)
Plot – Donald Quenelle is a young executive who gets suddently fired by the parrot of the director, while Sonny Paluso's gas station sets on fire. Jack Locke is a professional killer who robs drug-stores to survive. During one of the robberies, Donald and Sonny foil Jack's plans and he decides to kill them both, but Donald disarms the killer, then he's attracted by the "survivalists" theories and preparer himself to the "day after" a nuclear war. Donald leaves his girlfriend and goes to a training camp in the mountains, while Sonny and Jack reach him and Donald decides to face the killer. Fortunately the clash results a kind of farce and the survivalists intervene too. Eventually Sonny, Donald and Jack run away from the training camp. Finally they resign to face their own reality of unemployed men.
All actors – Walter Matthau, Robin Williams, Jerry Reed, James Wainwright, Kristen Vigard, Annie McEnroe, Anne Pitoniak, Bernard Barrow, Marian Hailey, Joseph Carberry, Skipp Lynch, Marilyn Coopershow all
“The Survivors” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Donald: Tell me things are gonna work out, Sonny.
- Sonny Paluso: Everything's gonna work out.
- Donald: Yeah, yeah. Boy, it's been a strange winter, hasn't it?
- Sonny Paluso: Not really.
- Donald: No.”
- Doreen: I never thought I'd be contemplating marriage to a man who owned an automatic assault rifle.
- Donald: It's not automatic, hon. It's semiautomatic. Automatic weapons are illegal. And why are you using the word "contemplating"?
- Doreen: I just mean, Donald, you seem so different.
- Donald: Hey, Frizzer, I'm no different, I'm just armed.
“I was raised a strict Southern Baptist. I place a high value on human life... $20,000 minimum.”
“Wes says to shoot the radios because without music they lose half their will to fight.”
- Candice Paluso: Aren't you guys gonna get really bored out here if society doesn't collapse?
- Donald: I wouldn't worry about that. Wes says society is heading for the big "flush". And we're going to be the ones who are clinging to the rim while everything else goes down.
“I'm sure no one who matters watches the five o'clock news.”
“- Donald: Sonny, name one thing that's gotten better in the last ten years.
- Candice Paluso: Video games.
- Sonny Paluso: Video games! There you are.
- Donald: Alright, I acknowledge that.”
“You drive fast, oyster brain. Because the sooner you get here, the sooner there'll be one less wart on the ass of society.”
“- Jack: I'm not out there committing adultery. I'm out there committing murder.
- Betty: Oh, thank God!”
“I feel like a gynecologist for a grizzly bear.”
“- Sonny Paluso: You're not going to die.
- Donald: They always say that to people who are going to die.”