“Coup De Torchon” quotes(1981)
All actors – Philippe Noiret, Isabelle Huppert, Jean-Pierre Marielle, Stéphane Audran, Eddy Mitchell, Guy Marchand, Irène Skobline, Michel Beaune, Jean Champion, Victor Garrivier, Gérard Hernandez, Abdoulaye Diopshow all
“Coup De Torchon” Quotes 30 quotes
“- Lucien Cordier: I can't read the aviator's book. It's too well-written.
- Anne: You like sounding illiterate? You're not. So why?
- Lucien Cordier: Habit. Grammar gets rusty like everything else if you don't use it. And in Africa the same goes for good and evil. What's good? What's evil? - Nobody knows. It's not much use here. So it gets rusty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Better the blind man who pisses out the window than the joker who told him it was a urinal. Know who the joker is? It's everybody.”
“- Lucien Cordier: Do you know the question no one can answer? The big question?
- George Le Peron: Go ahead.
- Lucien Cordier: When you scratch your balls, is it 'cause they itch, or 'cause it feels good?”
“- Le Peron: You've got nothing to do around here.
- Lucien Cordier: Doing nothing is my job. I'm paid for it.
- Le Peron: So go do nothing somewhere else.”
Do you know why dogs sniff each other's butts? When dogs still ruled the world, they held a convention to vote new laws. The head dog said: "I suggest that due to poor hygienehere, our assholes we leave at the door". The dogs agreed and de-assholed. But just then, a tornado blew in and mixed all the assholes up. Not one dog recognized his own.... (continue)(continue reading)
“Kicking a dying man isn't very nice. But first, I wanted to, and second, it's no risk. This hurts me more than you.”
“There are three kinds of French: real French, shit French, and French shit.”
“- Priest: You'll never arrest anybody. How can they respect you? You've got to showfolks you're brave, honest, and hard-working. Here, hold this.
- Lucien Cordier: I can't.
- Priest: Why not?
- Lucien Cordier: First, because I'm not brave, honest, and hard-working, and second, because I don't think my bosses want me to be.
- Priest: How come?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rose: Having you is an honor. Killing my husband for love.
- Lucien Cordier: No, I was just getting rid of trash. The trash also happened to be your husband.
- Rose: There's a lot of trash around.
- Lucien Cordier: There'll be less and less. Had to start somewhere.”
“- Le Peron: You can always be bribed.
- Lucien Cordier: I've got no choice. First, I'm underpaid; second, my wife takes all my money; and third, fining you is practically a civic duty.”
“We all kill what we love.”
“One shot kills thirst; two, worms; three, death.”
“- Rose: You have to help me. I can't take it. What can I do?
- Lucien Cordier: How the hell do I know? Any idiot can see they were shot with your gun.
- Rose: But that's horrible!
- Lucien Cordier: At first it is horrible. But then you start to think about starvingkids, little girls sold into slavery, women whose sex is sewn up... God created...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I do things without thinking. Later I understand. I never plan ahead.”
“You kissed too much white ass. You asked to get fucked. This is what I do with friends like you.”
“- Lucien Cordier: What's wrong? You know I have to.
- Vendredi: But Captain, I trusted you. You're different from other white men.
- Lucien Cordier: There's your mistake.”
“You could make a mint just doing what you like best, which you do better than any woman I know. And since we'll probably never see each other again, I'll be glad to bang you one last time, even though you're a fugitive.”
“We've got to laugh in this world, or else we'd shoot ourselves.”
“- Lucien Cordier: Can you excuse a pole for filling a hole? It may squash some rabbits, but is it the pole's fault if it fits that hole?
- George Le Peron: But a pole is an inanimate object.
- Lucien Cordier: Aren't we all more or less inanimate?
- George Le Peron: What do you mean?
- Lucien Cordier: Who knows!”