“Angels In America” quotes(2003)
Plot – This movie is set in 1985 and tells about the lives of many characters during Reagan administration and AIDS plague.
All actors – Al Pacino, Mary-Louise Parker, Jeffrey Wright, Justin Kirk, Ben Shenkman, Patrick Wilson, James Cromwell, Meryl Streep, Emma Thompson, Brian Markinson, Robin Weigert, Melissa Wildershow all
“Angels In America” Quotes 22 quotes
“We have reached a verdict, your honor. This man's heart is deficient. He loves, but his love is worth nothing.”
“I've lived through such terrible times and there are people who live through much worse. But you see them living anyway. When they're more spirit than body, more sores than skin, when they're burned and in agony, when flies lay eggs in the corners of the eyes of their children - they live.”
“- Roy Cohn: I want a white nurse. My constitutional right.
- Belize: You're in a hospital, you don't have any constitutional rights.”
“- Prior Walter: I had a wet dream.
- Belize: Mmm. The Calvin Klein man?
- Prior Walter: No, it was a woman.
- Belize: Are you turnin' straight on me?”
“Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.”
“People are like planets, you need a thick skin.”
“- Harper Pitt: I burned dinner.
- Joe Pitt: I'm sorry.
- Harper Pitt: Not my dinner, my dinner was fine. Your dinner. I put it back in the oven and turned everything up as high as it could go and I watched 'til it burned black. It's still hot, very hot, want it?”
“- Harper Pitt: In your experience of the world. How do people change?
- Mormon Mother: Well it has something to do with God so it's not very nice. God splits the skin with a jagged thumbnail from throat to belly and then plunges a huge filthy hand in, he grabs hold of your bloody tubes and they slip to evade his grasp but he squeezes hard, he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't understand why I'm not dead. When your heart breaks, you should die.”
“I don't know if it's not braver to die, but I recognize the habit; the addiction to being alive. So we live past hope.”
“This disease will be the end of many of us, but not nearly all. And the dead will be commemorated, and we'll struggle on with the living, and we are not going away. We won't die secret deaths anymore. The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come.”
“My wrath is as fearsome as my countenance is splendid.”
“- Prior Walter: I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
- Ethel Rosenberg: Well that's a stupid thing to do.”
“There are no gods here, no ghosts and spirits in America, there are no angels in America, no spiritual past, no racial past, there's only the political, and the decoys and the ploys to maneuver around the inescapable battle of politics.”
I usually say "Fuck the truth", but mostly, the truth fucks you.
“Death usually has to take life away.”