Jeffrey Wright quotes
“- Medora Slone: What did it feel like to shoot that female wolf?
- Russell Core: It felt awful. But... I really had no choice. Even though she'd taken a child, too?
- Medora Slone: Because you think it's the natural order?
- Russell Core: The natural order doesn't warrant revenge. They're not what you think, Mrs. Slone. What happened here is......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Donald Marium: Mr. Core here, was called by your wife. He's a writer. He studies wolves. He was the last person to see her. He's been a big help to us so far. So, we asked him to be here in case you had any questions.
- Vernon Slone: Can you raise the dead?
- Russell Core: No, sir.
- Vernon Slone: Then I have no questions for you.”
“The public library is the last bastion of democracy that we have in this country!”
“Source Code is not time travel. Rather, Source Code is time re-assignment. It gives us access to a parallel reality.”
“- Roy Cohn: I want a white nurse. My constitutional right.
- Belize: You're in a hospital, you don't have any constitutional rights.”
“- Prior Walter: I had a wet dream.
- Belize: Mmm. The Calvin Klein man?
- Prior Walter: No, it was a woman.
- Belize: Are you turnin' straight on me?”
“I think I was afraid of what I might say when I got onto someone's stage or in front of someone's camera.”
“I do have characters who are more well known than I am, which suits me fine.”
“The great thing about movies is that they're collaborative. And the worst thing is that they're collaborative.”
“Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.”
“- Peoples Hernandez: You're not a cop anymore.
- John Shaft: Do you think that makes me less dangerous, or more dangerous?”
“- Big Pink: How can I ever thank you?
- Jean Michel Basquiat: Can I squeeze your titties?”
“- Peoples Hernandez: This is Egyptian Cotton, motherfucker... two-twenty thread. That's like half your shitty-ass paycheck, okay?
- John Shaft: You wouldn't know Egyptian cotton if the Pharaoh himself sent it to you, you knockoff-wearing motherfucker!”
“- Rene Ricard: What's your name?
- Jean Michel Basquiat: Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- Rene Ricard: Oh my God, you sound famous already!”
“Yo Shaft, I'm gonna put so many lawyers in your ass, you're gonna think they opened a branch office up there.”
“Fuck Hawaii. Let's go to Ireland. We'll stop in every bar and have a drink.”
“- Jean Michel Basquiat: How long does it take to get famous?
- Benny Dalmau: Four years. Six to get rich.”
“- Jean Michel Basquiat: I gotta get out of New York...
- Andy Warhol: We could go to Pittsburgh! I kinda grew up there. They have this room with all the world's famous statues in it, so you don't even have to go to Europe any more... just go to Pittsburgh.”
“You're supposed to sleep with the wife, Roedel. Great day, in the mornin' you got to know that much! You're supposed to share her bed. That way, if some other man do that, you shoot him.”
“- Cynthia Kruger: I just don't know if I can live with the green.
- Jean Michel Basquiat: You want me to make it a nice shit brown?
- Tom Kruger: I beg your pardon. Nobody makes fun of my wife but me.”
“- Bed Two: Will I see God?
- Furnaceman: Forget about it, you haven't got a chance.
- Bed Two: But I didn't do anything. I didn't commit any mortal sins, maybe... okay, maybe a few little sins.
- Furnaceman: Look, you were suppose to love God and love your neighbor. You didn't do either. You loved your parents. Big deal.”