“The Tudors” quotes(2007)
All actors – Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill, Anthony Brophy, James Frain, Sarah Bolger, Guy Carleton, Natalie Dormer, Max Brown, Nick Dunning, Rod Hallett, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Simon Ward, Padraic Delaney, Jeremy Northam, Emma Hamilton, Jane Brennanshow all
“The Tudors” Quotes 19 quotes
“If the lion knows its own strength, no man could control it.”
“I call to God and all the world to witness that I have been to you a true, humble, and obedient wife. I have loved all those who you have loved, for your sake, whether or not I had cause, whether they be my friends or enemies. I was a true maid, without touch of man! And whether or not it be true, I put it to your conscience.”
“You know perfectly well what the King desires and what he shall have.”
“- Queen Katherine: You have not answered my nephew's letters.
- King Henry VIII: Just because your nephew's the King of Spain. Does he think I have nothing better to do?”
“- Queen Katherine: He will tire of you, like all the others.
- Anne Boleyn: And what if he does not?”
“- King Henry VIII: Thomas Wyatt, were you in love with Anne Boleyn?
- Thomas Wyatt: Of course I loved her. But... from a distance.”
“- Queen Katherine: I am so glad to see you. It is often lonelyhere.
- Charles V: Lonely?
- Queen Katherine: Things are not well between us. His Majesty and I.
- Charles V: But... I saw with my own eyes how attentive he is to you. He looks at you with such devotion, it seems. With such love.
- Queen Katherine: I fear that is for your benefit....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I know what you are trying to do, but do not think to take the King away from me. Let him play with you. Let him give you gifts. But he cannot give you his true heart... for I have that in my keeping.”
“My only satisfaction is that in frustrating you, I hasten your fall from the King's good graces... an outcome I desire above all others.”
“I want a divorce, and you will get one for me.”
“All I know, Eminence, is that you, for your own purposes, have kindled this fire. All this time, all these years, I have wondered at your high pride and your vain glory. I have abhorred your voluptuous life and had no regard at all for your presumptuouspower and your tyranny! I also know your malice against my nephew, the Emperor. You hate him...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Anne Boleyn: They say all his liaisons are soon over. He blows hot, he blows cold...
- Thomas Boleyn: Perhaps you could imagine a way to keep his interests more... prolonged?”
“You can't have 3 people in a marriage!”
“It is settled. We are to war with France. Now... I can go play.”
“- Cardinal Thomas Wolsey: The King commands that you surrender this whole matter into his hands. Otherwise, the court will condemn you.
- Queen Katherine: I am surprised to receive such a request from such a wise and noble man as you. I am but a poor woman, lacking in both wit and understanding. How am I supposed to respond to such a request...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story, you have to go back to the beginning.”