Jonathan Rhys-Meyers quotes
“My mother said I was a star when I was about four years old. That's all I need.”
“A lot of my success is because of what I look like. I know that.”
“- Queen Katherine: You have not answered my nephew's letters.
- King Henry VIII: Just because your nephew's the King of Spain. Does he think I have nothing better to do?”
“Is that a mother? She hardly looks at you. And do you have a real brother? He's so wrapped up in himself, he can't tell. He's even too weak to take what's given him! Does he love you? Does he even see who you are?”
“- Ambassador Bennington: Must you always be so methodical?
- James Reece: Well that's what you pay me for, sir.”
“- James Reece: Why don't we skip dinner altogether and go straight to dessert?
- Caroline: Is that all you can think about?
- James Reece: Every second of the day.”
“- King Henry VIII: Thomas Wyatt, were you in love with Anne Boleyn?
- Thomas Wyatt: Of course I loved her. But... from a distance.”
“You have to learn to push the guilt under the rug and move on, otherwise it overwhelms you.”
The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control.
“If I understand anything, I understand anger. And that's because I understand what it feels like to be rejected. And don't think I don't understand loneliness too.”
“Could I imagine myself as king? Of course I could.”
“I think all actors have addictive personalities.”
“I can be intolerably jealous and I think that's what's driven me. My ambition knows no end.”
“I think everybody's got a malicious side.”
“You never quit on your music. No matter what happens. Cuz anytime something bad happens to you, that's the one place you can escape to and just let it go. I learned it the hard way.”
“- Charlie Wax: Nice work Reece.
- James Reece: What's so nice about it?
- Charlie Wax: How 'bout the fact that he's dead and you're alive.”
“- Jake: One mother's very much like another.
- Pitt Mackeson: Remember one thing, her boys will kill you if they can.”
“There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose.”
“- James Reece: Isn't it part of French tradition that the woman cooks while the guy watches TV?
- Caroline: Well, things have changed since the Middle Ages, you know. Now it's exactly the contrary.”