Jeremy Northam quotes
“The truest friend does not doubt... but hope.”
“Jack Devlin-Is that business or pleasure?
Angela Bennett-Is there a difference?
Jack Devlin-Not a great deal if you're a hacker.”
“You've got to try a few things in life without a safety net. How else are you gonna know you're alive?”
“Jack Devlin-When I was about thirteen, I had this sort of identity crisis. I used to think I was one of the characters.
Angela Bennett-You thought you were Audrey Hepburn?
Jack Devlin-No. I used to think I was the cat.”
“Jack Devlin-Computers are your life, aren't they?
Angela Bennett-Yes. The perfect hiding place.”
“Angela Bennett-So, what's this for?
Jack Devlin-It's uh... it's for shark fishing.
Angela Bennett-Shark fishing... with a silencer?
Jack Devlin-Yeah. You certainly seem to know your ordnance.
Angela Bennett-Colorado. You grow up with guns.”
“Jack Devlin-What were you trying to do? Save the world?
Angela Bennett-No. Not the world, just myself.”
“- Ben Emmerson: Why did you keep her in a state of distress for a year before you brought charges?
- Ken Macdonald: The services wanted to make an example of her. If we'd dropped the case any earlier, what kind of messages would that have sent?
- Ben Emmerson: Do me a favour, Ken. Go and fish somewhere else.”
- Jack: God, we're pathetic, aren't we? We're here. We're sitting on the most perfect beach in the world, and all we can think about is...
- Angela: "Where I can hook up my modem"?
- Jack: Yeah, exactly.
“- Jack: Computers are your life, aren't they?
- Angela: Yes. The perfect hiding place.”
“- Sir Robert Chiltern: Do you know, Arthur, I sometimes wish I were you.
- Lord Arthur Goring: Do you know, Robert, sometimes I wish you were too. Except that you would probably make something useful out of my life, and that would never do.”
“If the lion knows its own strength, no man could control it.”
“- Morris Weissman: How do you manage to put up with these people?
- Ivor Novello: Well, you forget, I make my living impersonating them.”
“- Sheriff Chappy Dent: I guess like everybody I'm scared of bein', you know, rejected.
- Harry Sawyer: There's no way, man. You're a real catch, you're a man's man, a nice guy. You've got your health. And everybody knows what a turn-on that uniform is.”
“- Sir Robert Chiltern: You could always get married.
- Lord Arthur Goring: It's the always bit that alarms me.”
“- Sir Robert Morton: I wept today because right had been done.
- Catherine Winslow: Not justice?
- Sir Robert Morton: No, not justice. Right. Easy to do justice. Very hard to do right.”
“I've never had a desire to be famous.”
“- Sir Robert Morton: Oh, you still pursue your feminist activities?
- Catherine Winslow: Oh yes.
- Sir Robert Morton: Pity. It's a lost cause.”
“- Emma Woodhouse: The most incomprehensible thing in the world to a man is a woman who rejects his offer of marriage.
- Mr Knightley: I do not comprehend it because it is madness.”
“Maybe it is our imperfections which make us so perfect for one another.”