Jeremy Northam quotes
“The truest friend does not doubt... but hope.”
“- Ben Emmerson: Why did you keep her in a state of distress for a year before you brought charges?
- Ken Macdonald: The services wanted to make an example of her. If we'd dropped the case any earlier, what kind of messages would that have sent?
- Ben Emmerson: Do me a favour, Ken. Go and fish somewhere else.”
- Jack: God, we're pathetic, aren't we? We're here. We're sitting on the most perfect beach in the world, and all we can think about is...
- Angela: "Where I can hook up my modem"?
- Jack: Yeah, exactly.
“- Jack: Computers are your life, aren't they?
- Angela: Yes. The perfect hiding place.”
“- Sir Robert Chiltern: Do you know, Arthur, I sometimes wish I were you.
- Lord Arthur Goring: Do you know, Robert, sometimes I wish you were too. Except that you would probably make something useful out of my life, and that would never do.”
“If the lion knows its own strength, no man could control it.”
“- Morris Weissman: How do you manage to put up with these people?
- Ivor Novello: Well, you forget, I make my living impersonating them.”
“- Sheriff Chappy Dent: I guess like everybody I'm scared of bein', you know, rejected.
- Harry Sawyer: There's no way, man. You're a real catch, you're a man's man, a nice guy. You've got your health. And everybody knows what a turn-on that uniform is.”
“- Sir Robert Chiltern: You could always get married.
- Lord Arthur Goring: It's the always bit that alarms me.”
“- Sir Robert Morton: I wept today because right had been done.
- Catherine Winslow: Not justice?
- Sir Robert Morton: No, not justice. Right. Easy to do justice. Very hard to do right.”
“I've never had a desire to be famous.”
“- Sir Robert Morton: Oh, you still pursue your feminist activities?
- Catherine Winslow: Oh yes.
- Sir Robert Morton: Pity. It's a lost cause.”
“- Emma Woodhouse: The most incomprehensible thing in the world to a man is a woman who rejects his offer of marriage.
- Mr Knightley: I do not comprehend it because it is madness.”
“Maybe it is our imperfections which make us so perfect for one another.”
“Better be without sense than misapply it as you do.”
“- Mrs. Laura Cheveley: I want to talk to you about a great political and financial scheme, about this Argentine Canal Company, in fact.
- Sir Robert Chiltern: What a tedious, practical subject for you to talk about Mrs. Cheveley!
- Mrs. Laura Cheveley: I like tedious, practical subjects. What I don't like are tedious, practical people.”
“- Emma Woodhouse: People said Mr. Weston would never marry again, and what a triumph!
- Mr Knightley: Triumph? You made a lucky guess!
- Emma Woodhouse: Have you never known the triumph of a lucky guess? Had I not promoted Mr. Weston's visits and given encouragement where encouragement was needed, we might not have had a wedding today.
- Mr...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Now what you have to understand Bobby is that three bad shots and one good shot still make par. You see, golf is the game of recovery.”
“- Morris Weissman: You're providing a lot of entertainment for nothing.
- Ivor Novello: Morris... I'm used to it.”