Humility quotes28 humility quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The acting world is a humbling experience, I find.”
“I definitely didn't have any dreams of grandeur or dreams of becoming an action movie star.”
“The people that I admire have a wonderful balance of self-belief and humility.”
“- Vortigern: What kind of man would you have become if had you inherited your father's kingdom and all its advantages instead of being raised in a brothel? What gave you such drive, hmmm?
- Arthur: You wanted to know what gave me such drive. It was you. You put me in that brothel. You cut me on the streets. I am here now because of you. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Remember, there's always something cleverer than yourself.”
“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.”
“- Jose: Maria, we've had a good life. We've been very lucky.
- Maria: It would have been even better if...
- Jose: No Maria, don't say it. Don't even say it. It is wrong to wish for too much in this life. God has been good to us. We've been very lucky. And our life have been very, very good.
- Maria: You're right. We've had a very, good life.”
“The sign of a true hero is humility.”
“A true Ninja never brags about his skill.”
“It's not the heat, it's the humility.”
“There's two ways to look at it: Billy wants the models and limousines, while I'm happy with hookers and taxicabs.”
“Dear God, I do not ask for health or wealth. People ask you so often that you can't have any left. Give me, God, what else you have. Give me what no-one else asks for. Amen.”
“Even the most beautiful flowers still grow from dirt. And we may be knee-deep in it right now, but we're gonna grow strong from this.”
“If you wanna be somebody, if you wanna go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention.”
“Sit down, son. Go ahead. Try it on. Put your feet up. Go ahead. Let's get to know one another, shall we? Let's chat man to man. Now then, you're from the basement aren't you, and not blessed with much education?”
“- Arthur: I am King. And this is Excalibur, sword of kings from the dawn of time. Who are you? What do you seek?
- Lancelot: I am Lancelot of the Lake, from across the sea. And I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword.
- Arthur: That is a wild boast. You lack a knight's humility!
- Lancelot: Not a boast, sir. But a curse. For I have never...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Riker: Someone once said "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements".
- Zefram Cochran: That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?
- Riker: You did, ten years from now.
“- Malcolm: The lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here... staggers me.
- Gennaro: Thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different then you and I had feared.
- Malcolm: Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse.”
“- Headmaster Dr. Bartram: ...and the meek shall inherit the earth.
- David Greene: I wonder how meek they'll be when they do, sir.”