Humility quotes28 humility quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“When you have directors that are hospitable and open to suggestion, everything is easier, and you have time to explore, but within reason and limits.”
“The acting world is a humbling experience, I find.”
“I definitely didn't have any dreams of grandeur or dreams of becoming an action movie star.”
- From the movie: Gilda
- From the movie: Brother Sun, Sister Moon
“The people that I admire have a wonderful balance of self-belief and humility.”
- From the movie: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
“- Vortigern: What kind of man would you have become if had you inherited your father's kingdom and all its advantages instead of being raised in a brothel? What gave you such drive, hmmm?
- Arthur: You wanted to know what gave me such drive. It was you. You put me in that brothel. You cut me on the streets. I am here now because of you. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Excalibur
“Remember, there's always something cleverer than yourself.”
“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.”
- From the movie: My Family
“- Jose: Maria, we've had a good life. We've been very lucky.
- Maria: It would have been even better if...
- Jose: No Maria, don't say it. Don't even say it. It is wrong to wish for too much in this life. God has been good to us. We've been very lucky. And our life have been very, very good.
- Maria: You're right. We've had a very, good life.”
- From the animation: Kung Fu Panda
“The sign of a true hero is humility.”
- From the animation: TMNT
- From the movie: 3 Ninjas Kick Back
“A true Ninja never brags about his skill.”
- From the movie: Mr. Moto in Danger Island
“It's not the heat, it's the humility.”
- From the movie: Hard Core Logo
“There's two ways to look at it: Billy wants the models and limousines, while I'm happy with hookers and taxicabs.”
- From the movie: Man On Fire
“Dear God, I do not ask for health or wealth. People ask you so often that you can't have any left. Give me, God, what else you have. Give me what no-one else asks for. Amen.”
- From the movie: Sugar and Spice
“Even the most beautiful flowers still grow from dirt. And we may be knee-deep in it right now, but we're gonna grow strong from this.”
- From the movie: It Happened One Night
- From the movie: Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
“If you wanna be somebody, if you wanna go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention.”
- From the movie: Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- From the movie: The Hudsucker Proxy
“Sit down, son. Go ahead. Try it on. Put your feet up. Go ahead. Let's get to know one another, shall we? Let's chat man to man. Now then, you're from the basement aren't you, and not blessed with much education?”
- From the movie: Excalibur
“- Arthur: I am King. And this is Excalibur, sword of kings from the dawn of time. Who are you? What do you seek?
- Lancelot: I am Lancelot of the Lake, from across the sea. And I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword.
- Arthur: That is a wild boast. You lack a knight's humility!
- Lancelot: Not a boast, sir. But a curse. For I have never...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Star Trek: First Contact
- Riker: Someone once said "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements".
- Zefram Cochran: That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?
- Riker: You did, ten years from now.
- From the movie: Jurassic Park
“- Malcolm: The lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here... staggers me.
- Gennaro: Thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different then you and I had feared.
- Malcolm: Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse.”
- From the movie: School Ties
“- Headmaster Dr. Bartram: ...and the meek shall inherit the earth.
- David Greene: I wonder how meek they'll be when they do, sir.”