Idealism quotes14 idealism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- David Drumlin: I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.
- Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.”
“- Sen. Jackson McCanles: So that's where you stand!
- Jesse McCanles: I think I'd rather be on the side of the victims than of the murderers.”
“- Nate Newton: Why are they taking the platform down?
- Casey Newton: Because it's hard to have ideas. And easy to give up.
- Nate Newton: But you won't, right?
- Casey Newton: Never.”
“I am a mixture of idealist and realist.”
“We do not accept Jews, because they rejecy Christ! And their control over the International Banking Cartels are at the root of what we call Communism today. We do not accept Papists, because they bow to a Roman dictator! We do not accept Turks, Mongrels, Tartars, Orientals nor Negroes because we are here to protect Anglo-Saxon Democracy, and the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- J.J. McClure: What line did you say you were from?
- Betty: The Order of Imaculate Chastity.
- Victor: The Order of Imaculate Chastity? I read the Bible all the time. In fact, I once read the bible that was printed on the head of a pin. That was hard. But, I've never heard of the Order of Imaculate...
- Veronica: You have to read the New...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance. Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for you so that you could stay here with me? He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together. Don't toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn't exist.”
“Idealism kills every deal.”
“- Coed: Mr. X, I've read some of your speeches and I honestly believe a lot of what you say has truth to it. I have a good heart. I'm a good person despite my whiteness. What can the good white people like myself, who are not prejudiced, or racist, what can we do to help the cause?
- Malcolm X: Nothing.”
“- Beth Horman: And what are the basics? God, country and Wall Street?
- Ed Horman: You know what I mean.
- Beth Horman: I know, I know. God bless our way of life!
- Ed Horman: A very good way of life it is, young lady, no matter how much people like you and Charles try to tear it down with your sloppy idealism. I can no longer abide the young...” (continue)(continue reading)