“Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel” quotes(1987)
Title Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel
Genre Drama, Romance, Family
Genre Drama, Romance, Family
All actors – Marilyn Lightstone, Schuyler Grant, Rosemary Dunsmore, Kate Lynch, Geneviève Appleton, Susannah Hoffmann, Kathryn Trainor, Rosemary Radcliffe, Charmion King, Robert Collins, Morgan Chapman, Mag Ruffmanshow all
“Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel” Quotes 30 quotes
“There's a book of revelations in everyone's life.”
“- Gilbert Blythe: What are you thinking?
- Anne Shirley: I'm afraid to speak or move for fear that all this wonderful beauty will just vanish... like a broken silence.”
"Wilt thou give up thy garter, oh fairest of the fair"? Anne, nobody speaks that way. And look at that sap Percival who sits around mooning the entire time. He never lets a girl get a word in edgewise. In real life she'd have pitched him.
“- Anne Shirley: Tell me, Mr. Allen, do you dance as well as you boast?
- Lewis Allen: Better.”
“Patience has ceased to be a virtue, I want this rumpus stopped right now!”
“Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance. Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for you so that you could stay here with me? He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together. Don't toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn't exist.”
“You set your heart too much on frivolous things and then crash down into despair when you don't get them.”
“- Gilbert Blythe: It'll be three years before I finish medical school. Even then there won't be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls.
- Anne Shirley: I don't want diamond sunbursts, or marble halls. I just want you.”
“Fortunately for you, Josie, the only thing you've ever had to wear twice is a sour expression.”
“Anne Shirley, I wouldn't trade you for a dozen boys.”
“- Katherine Brooke: Now you can go through the motions of telling me how delighted you are and how I'll have a wonderful time.
- Anne Shirley: I am delighted... but as to a wonderful time... that will depend entirely on you, Katherine.”
“- Gilbert Blythe: Anne, there's not going to be any wedding anymore.
- Anne Shirley: You're gonna get well, Gil. I know you are.
- Gilbert Blythe: I called it off. It wouldn't be fair to Christine. There would never be anyone for me but you.”
“- Anne Shirley: Our friendship, it won't ever be the same now. Why can't he just be sensible instead of acting like a sentimental schoolboy?
- Marilla Cuthbert: Because he loves you.”
“- Mrs. Harris: Remember your manners. And don't forget to cross your ankles decently when you sit down. And don't sit in a draft, either. And don't slide down the banisters.
- Pauline Harris: Mama!
- Mrs. Harris: Well, you did at Nancy Pringle's wedding.
- Pauline Harris: Mama, that was 25 years ago! What do you think I am?”
“I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.”
“- Anne Shirley: You just think that you love me.
- Gilbert Blythe: Anne, I've loved you as long as I can remember. I need you.”
“- Anne Shirley: Babies are never common. Each one is a miracle.
- Mrs. Harris: Well I had two of them. I didn't see much that was miraculous about either of them.”
“Tears aren't lucky at weddings.”
“- Anne Shirley: You're a great deal too good for me. But you want someone who'll adore you. Someone who'll be happy just to hang on your arm and build a home for you. I wouldn't.
- Gilbert Blythe: Anne, that's not what I'm looking for at all.
- Anne Shirley: We'll end up like two old crows fighting all the time. I know I'd be unhappy and I'd...” (continue)(continue reading)