Principles quotes26 principles quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sometimes my work as an actor presents a conflict with my ideals as a clergyman.”
“I've never worried about the grand concepts.”
“Number one, no man ought to stay poor so another man can get rich. Number two, no man ought to tell another man what you got to live for or what he's got to die for. Number three, what you put in the ground is yours to tend and harvest and there ain't no man ought to be able to take that away from you. Number four, every man is a man. If you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Melissa: Why are you doing this?
- Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald: Don’t know about the rest of them, but I’m running for my life myself.
- Melissa: But they're all following you.
- Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald: No, they ain't. I'm just in front of them.”
“It is not about money, it is about principle.”
“It's a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise, if you're actually managing to get something accomplished.”
“When we were kids, belonging felt good. But having respect, that feels even better.”
“- Oscar: I don't understand you. Why do you have to be so goddamned uncompromising?
- Evangeline 'Eva' Dandrige: It's called principle. Maybe the world is in short supply, but I am not.”
“Principles only mean something when you stick to them when it's inconvenient.”
“- Jean Rasczak: Rico. What is the moral difference, if any, between a civilian and a citizen?
- Johnny Rico: A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety and the body politic defending it with his life. A civilian does not.
- Jean Rasczak: The exact words of the textbook. But do you understand it? Do you believe it?
- Johnny Rico: I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What do you do when your foundation falls apart? I don't know. They don't teach you that in school.”
“Never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose.”
“Comes a time when you have to abandon principles and do what's right.”
“When gentlemen start talking about principles, we poor people lose what we don't even have!”
“- Japanese Waiter: Please, take off your shoes.
- Donnie Brasco: Are you kiddin’ me? Take off your pants, what the fuck is that?”
“Great principles don't get lost once they come to light. They're right here; you just have to see them again!”