Kim Basinger quotes
- La trovi in Money and Actors
“There is nothing worse than being famous and broke.”
“- Lynn Bracken: Where did this come from?
- Bud White: When I was twelve, my old man went after my mother with a bottle. I got in the way.
- Lynn Bracken: So you saved her.
- Bud White: Not for long.”
“- Bud White: He tied me to the radiator. I watched him beat my mother to death with a tire iron. Then he left me there. Three days before a truant officer found us... they never found the old man.
- Lynn Bracken: Is that why you became a cop? To get even?
- Bud White: Maybe.”
“- Bud White: I'd like to see you again.
- Lynn Bracken: Are you asking me for a date, or an appointment?
- Bud White: I don't know.
- Lynn Bracken: If you're asking me for a date, I should know your first name.
- Bud White: Forget I asked. It was a mistake.”
“- Steven Mills: I've never felt anything like that before.
- Celeste Martin: Do I now have to eat the chocolate from Pennsylvania?
- Steven Mills: What?”
- La trovi in Body Obsession
“- Steven Mills: Would you mind if I kissed you?
- Celeste Martin: Does it hurt?
- Steven Mills: Not the way I do it.”
- From the movie: The Real McCoy
“- J.T. Barker: Do you think that jerk Roy do a better job raising your boy than you?
- Karen McCoy: At least Roy is his father. At least he has a chance of a normal life with him.
- J.T. Barker: Normal? What's not normal about getting on an airplane with your mom and go down to Rio with 3 million bucks?”
- From the movie: Wayne's World 2
- From the movie: Batman
“I see Bud because I want to. I see Bud because he can't hide the good inside of him. I see Bud because he treats me like Lynn Bracken and not some Veronica Lake look-alike who fucks for money.”
- From the movie: I Dreamed of Africa
“We think we control this place, but this place controls us.”
- From the movie: The Sentinel
“- Pete Garrison: I thought it was, uh, an excellent speech.
- 1st Lady Sarah Ballentine: One to 10?
- Pete Garrison: Ten, ma'am.
- 1st Lady Sarah Ballentine: You're not a very good liar, Pete.”
- Celeste Martin: We don't know what "marry" is.
- Council Chief: One moment... Ah, yes. The Monchine Forty says marriage is this: he goes off to fight the Turks, and you put on a lock.
- Second in Command: No, no, no.
- Council Chief: Oh, yes, yes. Wrong century. Eh... marriage is this: you cook and clean and bring him martinies.
- Second in... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Final Analysis
“- Heather Evans: I can't imagine doing what you do.
- Isaac Barr: Why not?
- Heather Evans: Just talking to people every day about their problems? What do you say?
- Isaac Barr: The shrink does... you repeat the last to words people say, and you rephrase it like a question.”
- From the movie: 9½ Weeks
“You knew it would be over when one of us said stop. But you wouldn't say it. I almost waited too long.”
“I'm a highly, highly, highly creative human being. I write music all the time. I write scripts constantly. I run my own production company. I'm also a very determined businesswoman. I've a town to deal with. I've got a lot of things to do and I don't have time to be classified as difficult, and I don't have time to care.”
- From the movie: Fool for Love
“Do you want me to finish the story, Eddie?”
“- Lynn Bracken: You're the first man in five years who didn't tell me I look like Veronica Lake inside of a minute.
- Bud White: You look better than Veronica Lake.”
- From the movie: Bless the Child
“- Eric Stark: Maggie, are you really going to shoot me in front of Cody?
- Maggie O'Connor: Close your eyes, honey.”
- From the movie: Final Analysis