Rosamund Pike quotes
“I feel that we’ve failed if we don’t face what war does, if we don’t face the human horrors and tell people what really happens when all sides try to obscure the truth.”
“It’s like writing, uh, your own obituary. I suppose to look back at it and say, you know, I cared enough to go to these places and write, in some way, something that would make someone else care as much about it as I did at the time. Part of it is you’re never going to get to where you’re going if you acknowledge fear. I think fear comes later,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Maybe I would have liked a more normal life. Maybe I just don’t know how. Or maybe this is where I feel most comfortable.”
“- Sean Ryan: Hey, Marie. I need you in Palestine, not Sri Lanka.
- Marie Colvin: Sean, there is an unreported war there.
- Sean Ryan: Yes, because journalists have been banned for more than six years. I can’t let you go. ”
“If you’re not fucking crazy when you come into a place like this, you definitely will be if you get out.”
“War is not so terrible for governments, for they are not wounded or killed like ordinary people.”
“- NewspaperEditor: Why is it important, do you think, to see this images? Why is it important for you to be there? Right now you may be one of the only Western journalists in Homs. Our team has just left.
- Marie Colvin: For an audience for which any conflict is very far away, this is the reality. There are 28,000 civilians, men, women and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marie Colvin: The Syrian regime is claiming that they're not hitting civilians, that they're just going after terrorist gangs. But every civilian house has been hit. The top floor of the building I'm in has been totally destroyed. There are no military targets here. It is a complete and utter lie.
- NewspaperEditor: Well, thank you for using...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I did not have faith, what would I have?”
“- Jack Reacher: Look out the window.
- Helen: No, I've work to do.
- Jack Reacher: Would you tell me what you see?
- Helen: I see the same... things I see every day.”