Giovanni Ribisi quotes
“You are the path you choose. You are what your vocation is.”
I ran casino. I've got to figure what I'm going to do next because I'm not a lottery winner. I tried "slinging crack rock" and I never had a jump shot, I've got to find a job.
“In the end we had pieces of the puzzle, but no matter how we put them together, gaps remained. Oddly shaped emptiness mapped by what surrounded them, like countries we couldn't name. What lingered after them was not life, but the most trivial list of mundane facts. A clock ticking on the wall, a room dim at noon, the outrageousness of a human...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What do you mean, you're gonna pass. Alan, the only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don't see a number on your back.”
“And we love each other so much that last Thanksgiving, we did it!”
“- Moberg: Maybe I can interest you gentlemen in something else.
- Kemp: Like what? Death?
- Moberg: Like the most powerful drug in the history of narcotics. I'm not at liberty to discuss or disclose; all I can tell you is: this stuff is so powerful, they give it to communists.”
“Why don't you go die a slow and agonizingly painful death?”
“For all what you done for me, I just think the world of you. You're about the only one I call a friend to me.”
“Acting is all about the aesthetic. I just want to keep honing my craft. Not that I'm taking myself too seriously, but every artist should consider himself Picasso.”
“I'm old fashioned with my cell phone. I like that human contact and I think it's important.”
“- T-4 Medic Wade: Corporal, what's your book about?
- Corporal Upham: It's supposed to be about the bonds of brotherhood developed between soldiers during war.
- Private Caparzo: Brotherhood? What do you know about brotherhood?”
“- Greg Weinstein: Even though you're not actually selling stock yet, I want you to remember the code we have here, okay? Did you see Glengarry Glen Ross?
- Seth Davis: Yeah.
- Greg Weinstein: Okay, do you remember 'ABC'?
- Seth Davis: Yeah. 'Always be closing'.
- Greg Weinstein: That's right. 'Always be closing'. 'Telling's not selling'. That's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Dillinger: The public don't like kidnapping.
- Alvin Karpis: Who gives a damn what the public likes?
- John Dillinger: I do. I hide out among them. We gotta care what they think.”
“- Daniel: Carla? Do you get paid in marshmellows?
- Carla: No, why?
- Daniel: 'Ca-ca-ca-cause I get paid in marshmellows. I like marshmellows.”
“Nothing ever changes, man. Fifty years from now we're all gonna be dead. And there will be another group of people standing here drinking beer, eating pizza, bitching about the price of Oreos and they'll have no idea we were ever here and fifty years after those suckers will be dust and bones and there'll be all these generations of suckers, all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can't fire me, you owe me money, and you better pay it or I'll go to the roof and turn this place into an insurance claim.”
“Looking back the casino was the most legitimate business I had running, I looked my customers in the eye and I provided a service they wanted, now I don't even look my customers in the eye and I push them something they never asked for.”
“- Daniel McMann: A-Another reason I got mad is 'cause I didn't want you to think I was dumb.
- Carla Tate: I could never think that.”
“Anything is possible. It is night on planet Earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead. Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not. And anything is possible. And that's why I can go to New York with Sooze because each moment can just be what it is. There's no failure, there's no mistake. I just, I just go there and live there...” (continue)(continue reading)