Tom Hollander quotes
“- Sean Ryan: Hey, Marie. I need you in Palestine, not Sri Lanka.
- Marie Colvin: Sean, there is an unreported war there.
- Sean Ryan: Yes, because journalists have been banned for more than six years. I can’t let you go. ”
“- Lavinia Meredith: It makes you sound desperate.
- Anthony Meredith: Well, I am fucking desperate.”
“- Cornelis Sandvoort: If it should come to a choice, let the baby go, I beg of you. In God's name, spare my wife.
- Dr Sorgh: Isn't that up to God?”
“- Cutler Beckett: Jack, I just remembered... I have this magic compass that points to whatever I want. So what do I need you for?
- Jack Sparrow: It points to the thing you want the most, and that is not Shipwreck Cove.
- Cutler Beckett: Then what is, Jack?
- Jack Sparrow: Me... dead.”
“- Simon Foster: It'll be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
- Toby Wright: No, it won't. It'll be difficult-difficult-lemon-difficult. That is what it will be.”
“When we get christened or married or die, we drift naturally in the direction of the church. And in moments of crisis, when our spiritual Tom-Tom is no longer telling us what to do, we find ourselves scrabbling at the vicarage door.”
“Somehow I find it easier to inhabit characters if they are a little bit pathetic. I do seem to have an affinity with pathetic people.”
“The danger with playing a part that defines you is that it swallows up everything else.”
“- Frank: This is what women feel like when they give birth.
- Daniel: Yeah, except my hand kind of hurts.”
“We're going to have a vote and go to war. We'll fight people, kill them. Our children will get killed. This is exactly the sort of thing that I didn't want to do when I went into politics.”
“- Martha: I've heard you British guys are all gentleman. You are British aren't you?
- Daniel: English actually.”
“Nice legs. What time do they open?”
“Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell.”
“- Daniel: One of the rooms they called it the library and they filled it full of books. Thousands of books on every subject and they're all second-hand. You know why?
- Martha: It was cheaper?
- Daniel: No. It's so it looks like they've been read.”