Plot – Even if Arthur Bach is a grown-up man, he lazily spends his days going from the night club to the restaurant and to car racing. His only problem is to spend money, since he is the son of a billionaire and he’s waiting his dad’s inheritance. The only condition is that he has to unwillingly marry Susan, daughter of a rich industrialist. One day, Arthur meets Linda, he follows her and he falls in love with her. Their relationship isn’t meant to be though, since she is a saleswoman and the daughter of an unemployed man.
All actors – Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli, John Gielgud, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Jill Eikenberry, Stephen Elliott, Ted Ross, Barney Martin, Thomas Barbour, Anne De Salvo, Marjorie Barnes, Dillon Evans, Maurice Copeland, Justine Johnston, Paul Vincent, Mary Alan Hokanson, Paul Gleason, Phyllis Somerville, Irving Metzman, Joe Doolan, John Doolan, Melissa Ballan, Florence Tarlow, Lou Jacobi, Gordon Press, Bob Maroff, Marcella Lowery, Jerome Collamore, Mark Fleischman, Helen Hanft, John Bentley, Raymond Serra, Peter Evans, Dominic Guastaferro, Phil Oxnam, Richard Hamilton, George Riddle, Lawrence Tierney, Bobo Lewis, B. Constance Barry, Kurt Schlesinger, , Bella Jarrett, Steve James, Debra Lass, Mark Margolis, Judi Passeltinershow all
“Arthur” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Susan Johnson: A real woman could stop you from drinking.
- Arthur Bach: It'd have to be a real big woman.”
“All I can tell you is, I wish I had a dime for every dime I had.”
“- Arthur Bach: I've never taken care of anybody. Everybody's always taken care of me. But if you got sick, or anything, I'd take care of you.
- Linda Marolla: Then I'll get sick.”
- Arthur Bach: Oh, stay with me, Hobson. You know I hate to be alone.
- Hobson: Yes, bathing is a lonely business.
- Arthur Bach: Except for fish.
- Hobson: I beg your pardon? Did you say "except for fish"?
- Arthur Bach: Yes... fish all bathe together. Although they do tend to eat one another. I often think... fish must get awfully tired of... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Arthur Bach: What are you doing later tonight?
- Linda Marolla: Oh, I have plans for tonight. What should I wear?
- Hobson: Steal something casual.”
“She stole that tie! It's the prefect crime; girls don't wear ties! Although some do; it's not a perfect crime, but it's a good crime.”
“- Arthur Bach: Have you ever been on a yacht?
- Linda Marolla: No, is it wonderful?
- Arthurt Bach: It doesn't suck.”
“Poor drunks do not find love, Arthur. Poor drunks have very few teeth, they urinate outdoors, they freeze to death in summer. I can't bear to think of you that way.”
“If I begin to die, please take this off my head. This is not the way I wish to be remembered.”
“- Hobson: Thrilling to meet you, Gloria.
- Gloria: Hi.
- Hobson: Yes... You obviously have a wonderful economy with words, Gloria. I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness.”