“Buffalo Soldiers” quotes(2001)
All actors – Joaquin Phoenix, Ed Harris, Scott Glenn, Anna Paquin, Elizabeth McGovern, Michael Peña, Leon, Gabriel Mann, Dean Stockwell, Brian Delate, Shiek Mahmud-Bey, Amani Gethersshow all
“Buffalo Soldiers” Quotes 17 quotes
“These were my guys. Fighting the dull fight. Soldiers with nothing to kill except time. They know that war is hell, but peace... peace is fucking boring.”
“- Colonel Berman: One thousand gallons of Mop & Glow... my God, do we really need that much?
- Ray Elwood: Well, cleanliness is next to godliness.”
“- Colonel Berman: McCovey was on the pill? How could this be possible?
- Ray Elwood: Well, he might have taken it by mistake, sir.
- Colonel Berman: What?
- Ray Elwood: The birth control pill. He might've thought it was something ele.
- Colonel Berman: Well, fine, but he didn't take heroin, speed and cocaine by mistake, did he?
- Ray Elwood: It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ray Elwood: Let's just say cooking smack is like preparing Thanksgiving dinner where one of the ingredients is a hand grenade.
- Sergeant Saad: This shit explodes?
- Ray Elwood: Kaboom.”
“- Robyn Lee: He's the First Sergeant of your company, he's not somebody you want to piss off. You realise he's gonna cut your balls off.
- Ray Elwood: Yeah, probably.
- Robyn Lee: So, what if I stay? There's a chance you're going to lose your balls, do you think I'm worth it?
- Ray Elwood: Yeah, sure, why not?”
“- Ray Elwood: I'm a natural enemy of guys like your dad, mostly because I don't give a shit about the army.
- Robyn Lee: If you don't give a shit, why'd you join?
- Ray Elwood: I didn't exactly have much of a say in the matter. I got caught stealing a car and the judge gave me a choice, either 6 months in prison or 3 years in the army. So I made...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ray Elwood: Whoa, you're saying he's going to kill me?
- Robyn Lee: I don't know, but he's not a guy to mess with.
- Ray Elwood: Why are you telling me all this?
- Robyn Lee: I guess I don't want him to fuck you up.
- Ray Elwood: You realize that's probably the nicest thing anyone's said to me in my whole life?”
“- Mrs. Berman: When was the last time you even held a rifle? Do you even know which end the fucking bullets come out? Why, in your opinion, was it a good idea to challenge Marshall to a training exercise when you're Supply and he's Infantry?
- Colonel Berman: You're the one who told me I should go on the attack.
- Mrs. Berman: Right, I said...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ray Elwood: I have the same dream all the time where its really high and I'm kind of floating and then I fall. Is that the same as yours?
- Robyn Lee: Kind of.
- Ray Elwood: Well, why? What happens in yours?
- Robyn Lee: I wake up before I hit the ground.
- Ray Elwood: I always hit. I don't wake up.”
“His point is that there really is no peace. There's always some war, somewhere, with someone. And there are no winners or losers either. Just those who are still around to fight another day.”
“- Sergeant Lee: Well, that's a nice watch, show me that. Where'd you get that?
- Garcia: My father, uh, gave it to me.
- Sergeant Lee: Your father gave it to you? He must be quite a guy. What's he do?
- Garcia: He's a barber.
- Sergeant Lee: Barber? Gee, he must cut a lot of hair.”
“- Ray Elwood: So how come they assigned you here?
- Pfc. Brian Knoll: I put in for it. My fiancée is here on base, so we arranged for a transfer together.
- Ray Elwood: Oh, how sweet. Who's she?
- Pfc. Brian Knoll: Margolis, Carol-Anne. Private First Class.
- Ray Elwood: You call her by her last name? What do you do, salute in bed?”