Elizabeth McGovern quotes
“- Davis McDonald: You're the only one I ever loved.
- Kristy Briggs: No, Davis. You're the only one you ever loved.”
“You know what they say, darling, being tested only makes you stronger.”
“- Elaine Mozell: Don't ever think that you can get their attention.
- Young Joan: Whose?
- Elaine Mozell: The men. Who write the reviews. Who run the publishing houses. Who edit the magazines. The ones who decide who gets to be taken seriously, who gets to be put up on a pedestal for the rest of their lives.”
“- Deborah: Why do you want to see me?
- Noodles: Two reasons. I wanted to see if you did the right thing, turning me down to be an actress.
- Deborah: Well?
- Noodles: You did. You're terrific.”
“- Deborah: Been waiting long?
- Noodles: All my life.”
“- Noodles: Well, at least you recognized me. That's something.
- Deborah: Actresses have good memories.”
“Age can wither me, Noodles. We're both getting old. All that we have left now are our memories.”
“This place is a nuthouse.”
- Jeannine: Hey, you stand behind me in the choir, you sing well, you have a lot of energy.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Oh you do... I mean, I do?
- Jeannine: I mean that's a good thing.
“- Mrs. Berman: When was the last time you even held a rifle? Do you even know which end the fucking bullets come out? Why, in your opinion, was it a good idea to challenge Marshall to a training exercise when you're Supply and he's Infantry?
- Colonel Berman: You're the one who told me I should go on the attack.
- Mrs. Berman: Right, I said...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Jeannine: Why did you do it?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Uh... I don't know. It was like... falling into a hole. It keeps getting bigger and bigger and you can't escape. All of a sudden, it's inside... and you're the hole. You're trapped. And it's all over. Something like that. It's not really scary... except when you think back on it. 'Cause you... (continue)(continue reading)
- Jeannine: Did it hurt?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I don't remember, really.
- Jeannine: You don't want to talk about it?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I've never really talked about it. To doctors. But, not to anyone else. You're the first who's asked.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Anyway.
- Jeannine: Hm, what?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Oh just anyway. It's a conversation starter.
- Jeannine: Hm, catchy.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I knew you'd like it, I've been working on it all day.
“- Moira: What they get you for?
- Kate: We tried to cross the border. You?
- Moira: Gender Treachery. I like girls.
- Kate: My God! They could've sent you to the colonies for that.
- Moira: They don't send you to the colonies if your ovaries are still jumping.”