“The Birdcage” quotes(1996)
Plot – Armand and Albert have been living together for years and they work together at 'The Birdcage', the nightclub they manage. When Val, Armand's son, tells them his intention to get married, the couple has to prepare to meet the girl's parents and Val thinks it's better not to reveal their real relationship because they are very conservative people. What's more, his future father-in-law is a senator who thinks to take advantages on his daughter's marriage to save his party's appearances.
All actors – Robin Williams, Gene Hackman, Nathan Lane, Dianne Wiest, Dan Futterman, Calista Flockhart, Hank Azaria, Christine Baranski, Tom McGowan, Grant Heslov, Kirby Mitchell, James Lally, Luca Tommassini, Luis Camacho, André Fuentes, Tony Gonzalez, Dante Henderson, Scott Kaske, Kevin Alexander Stea, Tim Kelleher, Ann Cusack, Stanley DeSantis, J. Roy Helland, Anthony Giaimo, Lee Delano, David Sage, Michael Kinsley, Tony Snow, Dorothy Constantine, Trina McGee, Barry Nolan, Amy Powell, Ron Pitts, James Hill, Mary Major, Steven Porfido, John Pontrelli, Herschel Sparber, Francesca Cruz, Brian Reddy, Jim Jansen, Marjorie Lovett, Sylvia Short, James H. Morrison, Robert K. Baruch, Mike Starr, Al Rodrigo, Jordan Ancel, Patrizia Barretto, Elisa Bridges, Scott Burkholder, Orlando Delbert, Thelma Gutiérrez, Dave Knight, Don LaFontaine, Jay Leno, Kevin Loreque, James Gordon MacDonald, Jody Millard, Claudio Sad, Kenneth Stephens, Rene Teboe, Joel Tuber, Jordan Werner, Rayder Woodsshow all
“The Birdcage” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Armand Goldman: Agador, you're gonna have to get yourself a uniform and dress like a butler.
- Agador: No! I'm gonna look like a fag!
- Armand Goldman: Maybe, but you'll look like a fag in a uniform.”
- Albert Goldman: Oh God, I pierced the toast!
- Armand Goldman: So what? The important thing to remember is not to go to pieces when that happens. You have to react like a man, calmly. You have to say to yourself, "Albert, you pierced the toast, so what? It's not the end of your life".
“- Armand Goldman: Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!
- Albert Goldman: How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response?”
"You look tired" means "you look old". And "you look rested" means "you've had collagen"..
“- Albert Goldman: Don't give me that tone!
- Armand Goldman: What tone?
- Albert Goldman: That sarcastic contemptuous tone that means you know everything because you're a man, and I know nothing because I'm a woman.
- Armand Goldman: You're not a woman.
- Albert Goldman: Oh, you bastard!”
“- Armand Goldman: Los Copa? There's nothing in Los Copa but a cemetery.
- Albert Goldman: I know, that's why I'm packing light.
- Armand Goldman: Oh I see, so you're going to a cemetery with your toothbrush. How Egyptian.”
“Yes, I wear foundation. Yes, I live with a man. Yes, I'm a middle- aged fag. But I know who I am.”
“A woman is said to be worth her weight in hens. And a man's wealth is measured by the size of his cock.”
“- Agador: My father was the shaman of his tribe and my mother was the high priestess.
- Armand Goldman: So why the hell did they move to New Jersey?
- Agador: I don't know, they're so stupid.”
My mother always said, "live on Fisher Island, get buried in Palm Beach. That way, you'll have the best of Florida".
“- Armand Goldman: Ugh, what is this, sludge?
- Agador: Yes, it's sludge; I thought it'd make a nice change from coffee.”
Oh, I know what you're going to say. "If you kill the mother, the fetus dies, too". But the fetus is going to be aborted anyway, so why not let it go down with the ship?
“- Val Goldman: Agador, why aren't you wearing your shoes?
- Agador: I do not wear the shoes... because... they make me fall down.”