Amy Adams quotes
“I think a lot of times we don't pay enough attention to people with a positive attitude because we assume they are naive or stupid.”
“- Ian Donnelly: If you immerse yourself into a foreign language, then you can actually rewire your brain.
- Louise Banks: Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. It's the theory that the language you speak determines how you think and...
- Ian Donnelly: Yeah, it affects how you see everything.”
“Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body.”
“I find that it's the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.”
“Do you ever feel like your life has turned into something you never intended?”
“Trust me, you can, uh, understand communication and still end up single.”
“- Agent: Ferry's cancelled.
- Anna: What is wrong with this country?
- Agent: I usually blame the government, but this one's the weather.”
“There are heroes among us. Not to make us feel smaller, but to remind us of what makes us great.”
“There's not a lot that I am good at. But I'm good at getting guys to want me. Not date me, or marry me, but want me.”
“- Louise Banks: If all I ever gave you was a hammer...
- Colonel Weber: Everything's a nail...”
- Ian Donnelly: Priority one: What do they want and where are they from? And beyond that, how did they get here? Are they capable of faster-than-light travel? I've prepared a list of questions to go over, starting with a series of "handshake" binary sequences...
- Louise Banks: How about we just talk to them before we start throwing math... (continue)(continue reading)
“I realized I had everything I ever wanted, but nothing I really needed.”
“- Mickey: I'm still single. Very single.
- Johnny: Maybe you are emotionally unavailable.
- Mickey: Emotionally unavailable?
- Johnny: Yeah.
- Mickey: Who are you, Dr. Phil?
- Johnny: Hey, that is quality television.”
“Memory is a strange thing.”
“- Robert Philip: You know most normal people get to know each other before they get married. They date.
- Giselle: Date?
- Robert Philip: Yeah, you know. Date. You go someplace special, like a restaurant, or a movie, or museum,
or you just hang out and you talk.
- Giselle: What do you talk about?
- Robert Philip: About each other. About...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think that to be really really good you have to come from some place inside that I'm just not sure I have.”