Plot – Dan, a frustrated writer from London, randomly bumps into Alice, who's just arrived from America to start a new life. Their love story is an opportunity for Dan to learn from Alice's experience to write a novel. However, Dan falls in love with Anna, a fashion photographer who has to capture him for his book's cover. Anna marries Larry, a beautiful and self-confident dermatologist, who is interested in Alice. The competition between the two men becomes more important than their relationships. The events of the four characters show an analysis of modern relationships, in which egoism wins over altruism. However, the hopefull aspect is that the protagonists manage to know themselves better because of the deep changes that they experience.
All actors – Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Clive Owen, Nick Hobbs, Colin Stinton, , Steve Benham, Elizabeth Bower, Ray Donn, Daniel Dresner, Rrenford Junior Fagan, Antony Gabriel, Michael Haley, Selena Mars, Steve Morphew, Abdul Popoola, Peter Rnic, Leonard Silver, Robert Stone, Brian Teles, Bret Yountshow all
“Closer” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Alice: What's your work?
- Dan: I'm sort of... journalist.
- Alice: What sort?
- Dan: I write obituaries.”
“- Larry: You forget you're dealing with a clinical observer of the human carnival.
- Anna: Am I, now?
- Larry: Oh, yes.
- Anna: You seem more like the cat that got the cream, you can stop licking yourself.”
“- Alice: How can one man be so endlessly disappointing?
- Dan: That's my charm.”
“- Dan: Didn't fancy my sandwiches?
- Alice: Don't eat fish.
- Dan: Why not?
- Alice: Fish piss in the sea.
- Dan: So do children.
- Alice: Don't eat children either.”
“Everyone needs looking after.”
“- Anna: Why are you dressed?
- Larry: Because I think you may be about to leave me and I didn't want to be wearing a dressing gown.”
- Dan: I fell in love with her, Alice.
- Alice: Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give into this, or I can resist it", and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one.
“- Dan: Do you have any children?
- Anna: No.
- Dan: Would you like some?
- Anna: Yes, but not today.”
“- Dan: Everybody wants to be happy.
- Larry: Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.”
“- Larry: Alice, tell me something true.
- Alice: Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off - but it's better if you do.”
“No one will ever love you as much as I do. Why isn't love enough?”
“- Larry: You think because you don't love us, or desire us, or even like us, you think you've won.
- Alice: It's not a war.”
“You don't know the first thing about love, because you don't understand compromise.”
“What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world.”
“- Larry: What does your cunt taste like?
- Alice: Heaven.”
“On some small level, I think you owe me something for deceiving me so exquisitely.”
“Without forgiveness we're savages.”
“- Anna: Love bores you.
- Dan: No, it disappoints me.”
“- Anna: Why is the sex so important?
- Larry: Because I'm a fucking caveman!”