Press quotes26 press quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.”
“Often press people ask questions that are so personal that even your nearest and dearest wouldn't ask them.”
Your assignment will be Spy's most sensational achievement - Tracy Lord. Big game hunting in Africa, fox hunting in Pennsylvania. Married on impulse and divorced in a rage. And always unapproachable by the press. "The Unapproachable Miss Lord", "The Philadelphia Story".
“Big Tobacco tried to smear Wigand, you bought it. The Wall StreetJournal, not exactly a bastion of anti-capitalist sentiment, refutes Big Tobacco's smear campaign as the lowest form of character assassination! And now, even now, when every word of what Wigand has said on our show is printed, the entire deposition of his testimony in a court of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bernie White: I hate columnists! Why do I have all these columnists? I got political columnists, guest columnists... celebrity columnists - The only thing I don't have is a dead columnist. That's the kind I could really use.
- Henry Hackett: Right. Listen...
- Bernie White: We reek of opinions. What every columnist at this paper needs to do is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joanne Herring: He may be in trouble with the press, but he stayed out of jail. You don't see God's hand in this?
- Gust Avrakotos: Well reasonable people can disagree, but I don't see God anywhere within miles of this. On the other hand, if you slept with me tonight, I bet you I could change my mind in a hurry.”
“We produce books for the discriminating collector. The compulsive inmates set the type, the listless ones do the binding and prepare the ink.”
“- Yoji Nishimurar: All wisecracks you're making make you seem disrespectable. I just do this for you to save face. Besides, press writes their own story anyway.
- Jack Elliot: I'll deal with the Press! And I'll take care of my own face, you just translate what comes out of it! You got me?”
“When the press quit crucifying me, I'll know I've been in this business too long.”
“In the old days, we had the rack. Nowadays, we have the press.”
“- Henry Hackett: What if these aren't the guys? What if they're innocent?
- Alicia Clark: Taint them today, we make them look good on Saturday. Everybody's happy.
- Henry Hackett: Wait. This is a story that could permanently alter the public's perception of two teenagers who might be innocent and as a weekend bonus, ignite another race war. How...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm to be examined, undressed, and generally humiliated at 15 cents a copy.”
“Like others with tiny bullets hidden in their skulls, Thomas Ince held on unconscious for 2 days before dying in his own bed. There was plenty of misinformation in the days following his death, much of it coming from the Hearst press machine. Which inexplicably reported that Ince was stricken unconscious while visiting Hearst at his upstate ranch.”
“- Walter Winchell: Hitler hates me. He hates me!
- News Seller: Yeah, well, Joe Stalin hasn't sent me a Christmas card either.”
“Reincarnation - life after death - mumbo-jumbo of all kinds has been highly commercial throughout the history of book publishing. The first printed book... was the Bible.”