Plot – Sarah is a teenager with a vivid imagination. One evening her parents entrust the brother to her. Irritated by the continous cry of the brother, Sarah invokes Jareth, the lord of the gnomes, to take his brother away with him. However, Jareth really exists and, taking things literally, makes the little boy disappear. Sarah looks for him, venturing into a world of dreams in a parallel universe.
All actors – David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly, Toby Froud, Shelley Thompson, Christopher Malcolm, Natalie Finland, Shari Weiser, Brian Henson, Ron Mueck, Rob Mills, Dave Goelz, David Alan Barclay, David Shaughnessy, Karen Prell, Timothy Bateson, Frank Oz, Michael Hordern, Denise Bryer, Steve Whitmire, Kevin Clash, Anthony Asbury, Anthony Jackson, Douglas Blackwell, David Healy, Robert Beatty, Toby Philpott, Ian Thom, Charles Augins, Sherry Amott, Danny John-Jules, Cheryl Henson, Kaefan Shaw, Alistair Fullarton, Rollin Krewson, Richard Bodkin, Percy Edwards, Marc Antona, John Aron, Elfrida Ashworth, Kenny Baker, Michael Henbury Ballan, Danny Blackner, Peter Burroughs, Toby Clark, Tessa Crockett, Terry Dane, Warwick Davis, Malcolm Dixon, Margaret Foyer, Anthony Georghiou, Elizabeth A. Gilbert, Louise Gold, Moira Grant, Paul Grant, Derek Hartley, Andrew Herd, Douglas Howes, Richard Jones, John Key, San Lee, Mark Lisle, Janis Mackintosh, Peter Mandell, Penny Marsden, Kim Mendez, Wendy Millward, Leonie Palette, Caroline Pope, Christopher Preston, Jack Purvis, Katie Purvis, Nicholas Read, Peter Salmon, Peter Sim, Graeme Sneddon, Linda Spriggs, Penny Stead, Graham Tudor-Phillips, David Turner, Sharon White, Albert Wilkinson, Barrie J. Wilkinson, Michael Attwell, Sean Barrett, John Bluthal, Peter Marinker, Enn Reitel, Kerry Shale, Mildred Shayshow all
“Labyrinth” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Sarah: That's not fair!
- Jareth: You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?”
“- Jareth: Beware. I have been generous up 'til now. I can be cruel.
- Sarah: Generous? What have you done that's generous?
- Jareth: Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Live without your sunlight, love without your heartbeat.”
“Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl whose stepmother always made her stay home with the baby. And the baby was a spoiled child, and wanted everything to himself, and the young girl was practically a slave. But what no one knew is that the king of the goblins had fallen in love with the girl, and he had given her certain powers. So...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hoggle: This is what we need. A ladder. Follow me.
- Sarah: How can I trust you now that you know you were taking me back to the beginning of the labyrinth?
- Hoggle: I wasn't. I told him I was taking you back to the beginning just to throw him off the scent.
- Sarah: How can I believe anything you say?
- Hoggle: Let me put it this way: what...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jareth: I've brought you a gift.
- Sarah: What is it?
- Jareth: It's a crystal. Nothing more. But if you turn it this way and look into it, it will show you your dreams. But this is not a gift for an ordinary girl who takes care of a screaming baby.”
“You have thirteen hours in which to solve the labyrinth, before your baby brother becomes one of us... forever.”
“If that's the way it is done, then that's the way you must do it.”
“It's only forever, not long at all.”
“- The Wiseman: Quite often, young lady, it seems like we're not getting anywhere, when in fact...
- The Hat: We are!”
“- Hoggle: Why did you have to go and do a thing like that for?
- Sarah: Do what? You mean rescue you?
- Hoggle: No! You kissed me!”
“I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want.”
“- The Four Guards: Your Highness, the girl! The girl who ate the peach and forgot everything!
- Jareth: What of her?
- The Four Guards: She, the monster, Sir Didymus, and the dwarf, they made it through the gate and they're on their way to the castle!
- Jareth: Stop her! Call out the guards! Take the baby and hide it.”
“- Hoggle: You have to understand my position. I'm a coward. And Jareth scares me.
- Sarah: What kind of a position is that?
- Hoggle: No position! That's my point.”
“She treats me like a wicked stepmother in a fairy story, no matter what I say.”