David Bowie quotes
“- Sarah: That's not fair!
- Jareth: You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?”
“- Jareth: Beware. I have been generous up 'til now. I can be cruel.
- Sarah: Generous? What have you done that's generous?
- Jareth: Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Live without your sunlight, love without your heartbeat.”
“The only limits on scientific progress are those imposed by society.”
“Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier. What you want is simply expensive.”
“- Lt. Ito: Can you guess what I'm thinking?
- Maj. Jack 'Strafer' Celliers: Yes, I think so. Can you?”
“- Jareth: I've brought you a gift.
- Sarah: What is it?
- Jareth: It's a crystal. Nothing more. But if you turn it this way and look into it, it will show you your dreams. But this is not a gift for an ordinary girl who takes care of a screaming baby.”
“You have thirteen hours in which to solve the labyrinth, before your baby brother becomes one of us... forever.”
“Things don't always go as planned, Mr. Angier. That's the beauty of science.”
“Exact science, Mr Angier, is not an exact science.”
“- Pontius Pilate: It's one thing to want to change the way people live... but you want to change how they think, how they feel.
- Jesus: All I'm saying is that change will happen with love, not with killing.
- Pontius Pilate: Either way, it's dangerous. It's against Rome. It's against the way the world is. And killing or loving, it's all the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's only forever, not long at all.”
“- Jean Michel Basquiat: I gotta get out of New York...
- Andy Warhol: We could go to Pittsburgh! I kinda grew up there. They have this room with all the world's famous statues in it, so you don't even have to go to Europe any more... just go to Pittsburgh.”
“I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want.”
“- The Four Guards: Your Highness, the girl! The girl who ate the peach and forgot everything!
- Jareth: What of her?
- The Four Guards: She, the monster, Sir Didymus, and the dwarf, they made it through the gate and they're on their way to the castle!
- Jareth: Stop her! Call out the guards! Take the baby and hide it.”