“Leaving Las Vegas” quotes(1995)
Plot – The screenwriter Ben is a chronic alcoholic. Once fired, he burns all of his belongings, including his passport, deciding to go to Las Vegas to get drunk to death. There she meets Sara, a Russian prostitute who's fleeing from his patron Yuri. However he finds her and now forces her to work for him again. When the Russian Mob kills Yuri, Sara is free and she's fascinated by Ben as he's unable to possess her physically. At a casino, he goes crazy and she saves him from the police, then they go on vacation but get banished due to his excesses. Back in Las Vegas, Ben needs a doctor and Sara tries to earn some money, but then she finds him with another woman and leaves him, until he dies.
All actors – Nicolas Cage, Elisabeth Shue, Julian Sands, Richard Lewis, Steven Weber, Kim Adams, Emily Procter, Stuart Regen, Valeria Golino, Graham Beckel, Albert Henderson, Shashi Bhatia, Carey Lowell, Anne Lange, Thomas Kopache, Vincent Ward, Lucinda Jenney, French Stewart, Ed Lauter, Waldemar Kalinowski, Mike Figgis, David Kriegel, Bill Thompson, Marek Stabrowski, R. Lee Ermey, Mariska Hargitay, Danny Huston, Laurie Metcalf, David Brisbin, Shawnee Smith, Paul Quinn, Julian Lennon, Tracy Thorne, Bob Rafelson, Susan Barnes, Marc Coppola, Michael A. Goorjian, Jeremy Jordan, Davidlee Willson, Xander Berkeley, Sergio Premoli, Gordon Michaels, Lou Rawls, Camille Kingshow all
“Leaving Las Vegas” Quotes 18 quotes
“You can fuck me in the ass. You can cum on my face. Just keep it out of my hair. I just washed it.”
“I think the thing is, we both realized that we didn't have that much time. And I accepted him for who he was, and I didn't expect him to change, and I think he felt that for me, too. I liked his drama, and he needed me. And I loved him. I really loved him.”
“- Ben Sanderson: I think when I'm done with this I'll have a gin and tonic.
- L.A. Bartender: Do you know what time it is? You should be drinking coffee. You're a young guy. It's none of my business, but if you could see what I see, you wouldn't be doing this to yourself.”
“I don't know if I started drinking 'cause my wife left me or my wife left me 'cause I started drinking, but fuck it anyway.”
“Are you desirable? Are you irresistible? Maybe if you drank bourbon with me, it would help. Maybe if you kissed me and I could taste the sting in your mouth it would help. If you drank bourbon with me naked. If you smelled of bourbon as you fucked me, it would help. It would increase my esteem for you.”
“That's nice talk, Ben - keep drinking. Between the 101-proof breath and the occasional bits of drool, some interesting words come out.”
“You go back to your hotel and I'll go back to my glamorous life of being alone. The only thing I have to come home to is a bottle of mouthwash to get the taste of cum out of my mouth. I'm tired of being alone. That's what I'm tired of.”
“- Sera: Why are you killing yourself?
- Ben Sanderson: Interesting choice of words. I don't remember. I just know that I want to.”
“- Sera: Is drinking a way of killing yourself?
- Ben Sanderson: Or, is killing myself a way of drinking?”
“- Terri: Maybe you shouldn't drink so much.
- Ben Sanderson: Maybe I shouldn't breathe so much, Terri.”
“- Ben Sanderson: Don't you think you'd get a little bored, living with a drunk?
- Sera: Well... that's what I want.
- Ben Sanderson: You haven't seen the worst of it. I knock things over... throw up all the time. These past few days I've been very controlled. You're like some sort of antidote that mixes with the liquor and keeps me in balance....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sera: Don't you like me, Ben?
- Ben Sanderson: Sera... what you don't understand is - no, see, no. You can never, never ask me to stop drinking. Do you understand?
- Sera: I do. I really do.”